We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic thinker with experience of negotiating and managing contracts to join the Home for Good team as our Commercial & Contracts Manager, and help us develop our work to find a home for every child who needs one. You will be responsible for supporting regional staff in securing and delivering against new agreements, as well as providing contract support in other areas throughout the organisation.
At the heart of Home for Good’s team culture is our love for Jesus and passion for serving and supporting vulnerable children. The post-holder will be expected to model these core values and help shape team life. Therefore this post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the postholder be a committed Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
This is a home-based role, so we welcome applicants from anywhere in the UK. Some travel within the UK for team days and meetings will be required (travel expenses will be paid). We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons and all appointments will be made on merit. We are seeking to ensure a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
- Support and assist the Directorate, and operational colleagues on commercial and contractual matters in their engagement with commissioners of Home for Good’s offer during the prospecting, proposals, award, and management stages (e.g., Voluntary Adoption Agencies, Regional Adoption Agencies, Local Authorities, Health and Social Care Trusts, Independent care placement providers and government departments and agencies)
- Lead on the determination and negotiation of contract form and terms
- Support colleagues in delivering against commissioner agreement monitoring arrangements as appropriate
- Provide advice with respect to contractual obligations, liabilities and rights to the relevant divisions
- Create and develop standardised templates to be used across the organisation and externally with clear information in regards to our values proposition, financial terms and full cost recovery and Home for Good mission and ethos.
- Support the Directorate and operational colleagues on commercial and contractual matters in their engagement with church communities, in particular where Home for Good may cascade grant funding to churches and organisations to deliver on Home for Good’s offer at a local level
Partnerships and alliance working
- Support the Directorate on commercial and contractual matters in their engagement with partner organisations (for example, collaboration with other charities who have complementary missions and capabilities to that of Home for Good)
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place to protect Home for Good’s interests and Intellectual Property at pre commissioner contract/agreement stage (for example, Non-Disclosure Agreements)
- Identify and develop forms of agreement that support alliance working across a range of stakeholders around a common project or goal, for example, use of Memorandum’s of Understanding and Alliance Agreements e.g. Local movements and potential franchising
- Work with the Fundraising Team to ensure appropriate contractual terms are agreed for any grant funding agreements entered into by Home for Good
Procurement of goods and services
- Work with the Finance & Infrastructure Team and other colleagues to ensure appropriate contractual terms are agreed for any procurement of goods and services by Home for Good
- Effective day-to-day management of contracts, including customer liaison and customer relationship management on contractual matters for such things as Home for Good’s contracts linked to the infrastructure of the organisation. Such as rental leases, telephone, IT etc.
- Take a lead in the resolution of disputes and claims ensuring best outcome for the organisation
- Support the Directorate in identifying and developing mitigations to contract/agreement specific and organisational level commercial and contractual risks
- Conduct contract reviews in conjunction with relevant organisational divisions.
- Ensure the most appropriate form of contract/agreement is applied for each circumstance (for example, reflecting the charity status of the organisation our general preference for commissioner contracts to be grant funding agreements)
- Periodically review and update Home for Goods standard forms of contract/agreement in line with prevailing good practice and to reflect legislative and regulatory changes
- Investigate and advise the directorate on the appropriate forms and terms of contract/agreement for new situations and offers
- Identify and raise with the Directorate where external legal advice on contract matters may be required to best protect the interests of Home for Good, defining the external brief required
- Ensure compliance with all organisational policies, processes and procedures
- Participate fully in Home for Good team life; attending, engaging with and contributing to prayer meetings, team days, residentials and other events
Please see the application pack for more information. The closing date for this role is 9am on Monday 6 September 2021. To apply please submit a CV and covering letter, illustrating how you meet the requirements of the role.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter. The covering letter should illustrate how you meet the requirements of the role as specified in the job description and person specification. Please include 3 references, one of which should be from your current church leader and one from your current / most recent employer. Please also provide details of your current notice period if applicable and most recent salary.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.