Responsible to: Scheme Manager
Purposes of the job
- To contribute to the effective day to day operation of the scheme in accordance with the Home-Start Memorandum & Articles of Association, Home-Start,
Standards & Methods of Practice, Home-Start Agreement and Quality Assurance Standards.
- To maintain high standards of practice in supporting families within the Home-Start model
- To ensure equality of opportunity, fairness and diversity in all aspects of the scheme’s work.
- Implement good safeguarding practice in all areas of work
Supporting the work of the scheme
- Undertaking work as delegated by the senior member of staff to support the strategic management, development and future funding of the scheme.
- Supporting the implementation and review of all Home-Start policies and procedures.
- Complying with the scheme’s administration, monitoring and financial systems.
- Promoting the work of the scheme, as required by the Senior Worker
- Contributing to and supporting the development of the Home-Start network locally, regionally and nationally.
Support for families
- Receiving referrals and assessing needs of families.
- Introducing families to appropriate support.
- Ensuring support to families is reviewed at regular intervals and at the end of Home-Start support, in line with current Home-Start guidance
- To undertake designated responsibilities to safeguard and promote children’s welfare.
- Recruiting, selecting and preparing suitable volunteers.
- Matching and introducing volunteers to families.
- Contribute as directed to the delivery of the Home-Start preparation course in full and to a high standard to all prospective volunteers
- Providing support, supervision and initial and on-going training opportunities for volunteers.
Working in Partnership
- Ensuring appropriate liaison with referrers and other professionals
- Networking appropriately within the community.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities of the post as detailed above.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.