The current Director will be going on a year’s maternity leave and we are looking for a suitable cover.
The position of Director is an exciting role that primarily will be external facing in order to promote the essential support we provide to families. A key aspect is to grow our network of stakeholders, partners, corporate sponsors, commissioners and donors to achieve our growth ambitions and diversify our sources of income.
The Director will work with the Board of Trustees to set the future strategy and lead delivery of the implementation plan. This is a challenging role but there is considerable scope for the post holder to make a real difference to the organisation and significantly raise our profile within the community that we serve.
The Director will also be expected to secure new funding streams and maintain existing relationships with key funders and stakeholders.
- Identify funders and generate income to cover our budgeted annual costs, c350k
- Build networks with new and existing funders to engage their support
- Represent and participate at external events and meetings to promote HSCI
- Actively contribute to expanding the role and influence of Home-Start London consortium in the wider London area
- Be accountable for the management of our resources to enable us to actively support a minimum of 90 to 120 families at any one time
- Provide leadership and oversight to colleagues and volunteers to ensure the correct outcomes for families through training, governance and quality assurance
- Performance and line management for Head of Delivery, Funding Officer and Bookkeeper
- Annual budget setting in conjunction with the Treasurer, and ongoing monitoring and reporting of financial position
- Provide management reports to the Trustee Board on progress against key performance measures
- Ensure that we remain compliant with all legislative and policy changes that impact the charity and our processes
- Understand the impact of legislative, changing political, economic and social climate on our work, and share this knowledge within the team to ensure compliance
Personal Specification / Attributes
The successful candidate will be an experienced Senior Manager/ Chief Executive with a demonstrable track record of successfully running an organisation. You will possess strong leadership, strategic management and governance skills as well as being solution focussed. Strong stakeholder management skills are essential as is the ability to generate income from a range of sources.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload, working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable success in raising significant income from a variety of external sources
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Accomplished at providing motivational and influential leadership
- Proven track record of successfully delivering change
- Good understanding of financial accounting and budgeting in the charity sector
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Understanding, interpreting and presenting Management Information and data
- Previous experience of working with organisations in social services or health, with an understanding of the public sector commissioning process
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint)
Preferred experience but not essential
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector
- A background in health and wellbeing
- Safeguarding children and working with families
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.