We’re looking for a compassionate, dynamic, organised individual to join our Domestic Abuse Recovery team. You will be providing practical and emotional support to victim/survivors of domestic abuse in both one-to-one and group settings.
For genuine occupational requirement reasons we are looking to appoint a female only for this post (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
Summary of Post
We are looking for a warm, compassionate, and dynamic IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advisor) who will offer one to one non-judgemental empowering and proactive support to (i) non-recent female victim-survivors of domestic abuse. (ii) families experiencing child to parent violence. They may be assessed at standard, medium or high risk.
IDVA work is client led and focuses on addressing clients’ identified needs, which includes emotional and practical support around domestic abuse. Typically, this may involve risk assessing, safety planning, signposting, advocating, liaising with other agencies. A commitment to safeguarding runs throughout this role. You must be willing to flexibly adapt to changing circumstances and needs.
A key purpose of this role is to enhance the safety of individuals and children in their homes and communities whilst empowering clients to continue on their recovery journey. The service provides a safe space for victim/survivors to discuss issues relating to their experiences freely and without judgement.
IDVAs also facilitate and assist on our domestic abuse recovery groups (Lotus Domestic Abuse Recovery programme and Who’s in Charge? child to parent violence programme), via Zoom or in the community.
We welcome applications from those with and without an IDVA qualification. For those who do not have a qualification, commitment to obtaining this is essential.
Home-Start East Sussex
Home-Start East Sussex (HSES) is a small independent charity founded in 1996 and affiliated to Home-Start UK and SafeLives who provide us with quality standards and policies. HSES works towards the increased safety, confidence and independence of disadvantaged families living in the county.
We are looking for a friendly and relational, proactive self-starter who shares our commitment to our clients and their families. We are also looking for someone can relate warmly and professionally to a wide range of networks, cultures, and organisations.
We work hard, we help each other and go out of our way to help others and find solutions rather than focusing on problems. We are positive and proactive and, although absolutely focused on our areas of expertise, we work as a team so that HSES is the best it can be. Above all, everything we do is to meet our mission.
Our domestic abuse work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
- Pay Scale 6, point: 18 (Unqualified/start year) – 22: £25,419 - £27,514 FTE (NJC scale at Apr 22- cost of living review pending)
- 20 hours per week
- Deadline: 7th July 2022
- Interviews to take place w/c 11th July
- Term of appointment: Current funding is to end March 2023, but we envisage the post to be permanent although as with all posts, it is reliant on continued funding.
- Benefits: Holiday 25 days per year pro rata (plus Bank Holidays). The office closes between Christmas and New Year to allow staff to spend precious time with loved ones. Access to 24/7 free counselling service, access to 24/7 free GP service.
- Pension: HSES operates a contributory pension scheme that all employees are eligible to join. Full details will be provided at the commencement of employment.
- Probationary Period: Appointments are made subject to the satisfactory completion of a probationary period, normally six months (or trial period to be discussed)
- This appointment is subject to a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Equal Opportunities: The post holder will be subject to our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion policy.
- Hybrid working - working from home with regular face to face one to one and team meetings in the Brighton and Newhaven area. Community groups currently funded in Brighton & Hove area.
- N.B.: You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
For a full job description and to apply, please go to our website.
Deadline: 9am Thursday 7th July 2022. We encourage applicants to submit applications as soon as possible.
Interviews: Week commencing 11th July 2022.
Only candidates that complete an application form following instructions on our website will be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.