CORPORATE & COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER FOR HOME-START ESSEX
Remote working with a Chelmsford office base and occasional travel
Home-Start Essex (HSE) is a leading family support organisation that provides high quality family-led services for families with young children. By mobilising trained volunteers, we support families directly in the home and in group settings to overcome a range of issues such as isolation, domestic abuse, mental health, financial stress and school readiness.
We are looking for a confident, creative, self-motivated and organised individual who is able to approach potential corporate and community supporters and nurture existing supporters to ensure the growth of both these income streams.
Working as part of the fundraising team, you will play a key role in the development, implementation and administration of our Corporate and Community Fundraising Strategy.
You will also have the opportunity to become involved in managing events and in developing our fundraising marketing tools.
This is a permanent role but will be subject to reaching agreed income and other targets throughout your employment.
Working hours: 22.5 hours per week. Our core hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm with the opportunity to work flexibly within these times.
Salary: £24,600 FTE per annum PRO RATED for 22.5 hours per week.
Location: Opportunity to work remotely with travel to our Head Office (CM1 3ST) one day a week. Occasional travel throughout the region will also be required.
Annual Leave: 28 Days annual leave per year (including bank holidays) with an additional 4 discretionary days set by the Trustee Board
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Development and delivery of HSE’s Corporate (67%) and Community (33%) Fundraising Strategy
- Manage and deliver an agreed income target
- Research, identify, and approach new business prospects to secure partnerships to support HSE’s aims and objectives
- Increase corporate income by creating, pursuing and securing short and long-term partnerships with large and small corporates
- Increase community income by working with the Fundraising and Marketing Team to develop and deliver a programme of HSE’s fundraising events, and support and steward existing community groups and individuals, who fundraise on behalf of HSE
- Produce targeted pitches and approaches to engage with a wide variety of companies
- Create sponsorship packages for the work of HSE, including its services, projects and events
- Develop tools and materials to be used by community fundraisers, such as a community fundraising toolkit, promotional materials and stories
- Identify ways to promote both HSE fundraising events and campaigns, and opportunities to fundraise on behalf of HSE to corporates, community groups and individuals
- Represent HSE and participate in appropriate external meetings and events in order to raise the profile of HSE and increase funding opportunities
- Develop relationships with key staff within HSUK and the wider Home-Start network to support corporate and community fundraising.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
If you wish to apply please send a CV with a covering letter detailing relevant skills, knowledge and experience to us directly to our recruitment department. All the job details are on our website.
We will be reviewing applications on receipt. If we receive a high number of suitable applications, we will close the vacancy before the closing date.
If you would like to arrange a confidential discussion about the vacancy, please contact the Fundraising & Marketing Manager here at Home-Start Essex.
This post is subject to a successful 6-month probationary period.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 10th June 2022
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing relevant skills, knowledge and experience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.