Home-Start Hillingdon is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with at least one child under the age of five. Our core service involves volunteers offering regular support, befriending and providing practical help in the homes of families who are experiencing difficulties to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
Supported by Hillingdon Community Trust we have established a PNMH programme focused on supporting women with, or at risk of, mental health problems during the perinatal period (pregnancy and in the year after birth) applying Home Start's overall approach to a targeted group of families.
The role will involve recruiting, training and supporting volunteers developing and enhancing the direct support offered to families aand liaising with health care professionals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of the needs of children and families
- An understanding of perinatal mental health and the impact of perinatal mental health problems on mother, infant and the family
- Ability to support families towards improved parental mental health and wellbeing.
- Good knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Experience of delivering training
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Relevant experience of working with vulnerable families
Applicants will be required to have the use of their own car, for which expenses are paid.
An appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Home-Start Hillingdon is committed to safe recruitment practice as an important party of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adult. Home-Start Hillingdon is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.