Home-Start Newcastle Borough Scheme Manager
Location: Newcastle-under Lyme, Staffs
Fixed Term Contract until the end of March 2022 (37 hours per week). Post will be extended subject to future funding.
Salary: £31,371 - £34,788 NJC Salary Scale 28-32.
A great opportunity has arisen to be appointed Scheme Manager of Home-Start Newcastle Borough based at our office in Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
If you are passionate about leading an organisation which provides support/help to local children and families/ carers we are the organisation for you.
The Scheme delivers family support across a range of issues, offering both practical and emotional help to empower vulnerable families, or those with complex needs, to function more independently. The Scheme has two modes of delivery:
- as a contractor to local authorities through our highly experienced family support workers
- Home-Start volunteering scheme through a team of volunteers.
Home-Start UK is a national charitable organisation with a network of Home-Starts across the country. Home-Start Newcastle-under-Lyme was established over 20 years ago. You can find all details about us on our website.
You will need good communication and leadership skills to manage the service and develop it for the future, with experience in delivery of children’s services, safeguarding, contract management and business planning/tenders , volunteering, managing staff, finance and performance. Candidates will also need to demonstrate strong skills in partnership working as the role will entail working with schools, local authorities and many other organisations to provide an outstanding service.
Use of own car (insured for business use) and a clean driving licence are required. You will also be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, your duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the day to day management of the scheme including overseeing the financial management and financial reporting requirements
- Contract management
- Operational governance in conjunction with the Board
- Overseeing service delivery
- Reporting to and liaising with local authorities and other agencies and partners
- Managing and supervising the staff team, including dealing with staff welfare issues and health and safety
- Ensuring the Schemes compliance with regulatory requirements including data protection
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Promoting the work of the scheme externally including working in partnership with other agencies and providers
- Undertaking the Strategic Lead role on safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare
- Ensuring support to families is consistently of a high standard.
- Ensuring the scheme maintains an effective team of family support workers and volunteers.
- Working with family support workers and volunteers including their recruitment, selection, preparation, support and supervision.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities of the post as detailed above.
Applications by Monday 20 July 2020 by application form.
Interview will take place on Wednesday 29 July 2020.
If you require details of the position in an alternative format, or have any other queries, please contact us using the email details provided after clicking the apply button.
PLEASE PRESS THE 'APPLY NOW' BUTTON FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY
No agencies please.