Home-Start Runnymede and Woking is a charity committed to promoting the welfare of families with at least one child under the age of 5 in the boroughs of Woking and Runnymede
Family Support Workers (Home-Start Co-ordinators, 2 posts available)
Location: Runnymede & Woking
Hours: 18-25 hours a week
Salary: £22,198 - £24,922 FTE per annum (NJC scale point 12 - 18)
Our volunteers offer regular support and practical help in the home to families who are experiencing difficulties, to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
We are seeking to appoint 2 Co-ordinators to work as part of a small, friendly team, to take responsibility for assessing the needs of referred families and matching them with volunteers.
You will also train and supervise the volunteers and liaise with referrers and local partners.
- One post is for 25 hours per week on a fixed term contract until 1st July 2020.
(This post is supported by BBC Children in Need).
- The second post is for 18-25 hours per week (negotiable) on a permanent contract.
When applying please state the number of hours you are looking for.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A good understanding of the needs of vulnerable families with young children
- Experience of working directly with children and families
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Experience of delivering training and support to volunteers
- A knowledge of the role of agencies providing services and support to children and families
- Good IT skills and the ability to work using your own initiative
A car driver with use of a car is essential (expenses will be paid)
A DBS check at enhanced level will be required to be undertaken.
Closing date: Monday 1st July 2019 (9.00 am)
Interview date: Tuesday 9th July 2019
PLEASE PRESS THE 'APPLICATION DETAILS' BUTTON FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY.
We will only accept our completed application forms. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Home-Start Runnymede and Woking is committed to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults.
No agencies please.