Location: Southwark, London
Position: Family Support Coordinator - Bump to Babe
Hours: 30 hours per week
Contract type: Fixed term for 1 year - maternity cover
Salary: £24,174 - £25,951 (plus £3,470 London weighting) pro-rata
Start time: January 2020
Application deadline: Thursday 12th December at 5pm. Interviews will take place on 18th December.
Home-Start Southwark has been providing targeted early intervention for vulnerable children and families for the past 24 years. Our team of Coordinators recruit, train and support volunteers from the local community who help families to build on their strengths and increase their potential to make changes to improve their lives.
About the role
This is an exciting role where you will be able to work closely with our fabulous volunteers to deliver professional peer support for struggling families. You will also work directly with families with a range of complex needs to support them to achieve the best outcomes they can. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to continue the development of our Bump to Babe project that supports women through the perinatal period via one to one support and within targeted group activities.
- You will have experience of implementing early intervention and prevention strategies with children & families
- You are skilled in building strong relationships with parents, volunteers and multi-agency partners
- It is desirable you have experience of delivering evidenced-based parenting programmes
- You are able to work proactively with volunteers supporting their practice and enabling their development
- You are accountable and responsible, always doing what you say you will do to high standards
- You are determined, resourceful and confident to deliver the best outcomes for children & families
How to Apply
To apply, please read the guidance for applicants and complete the application form.
Our ambition is to continue to develop outstanding services that meet the needs of our community; if you want to be part of our future, we would love to meet you to discuss this further.
To find out more about this role: Please see the full job description and application form.
To find out more about Home-Start Southwark: Please see our website.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity: Please call our Home-Start Southwark office and ask to speak to Juliet.
Home-Start is committed to safe recruitment as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults. Home-Start is committed to Equal Opportunities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.