Hours: 30 hours per week, Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm flexitime - some evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £25,255.62 (including London weighting @ £2,981)
Employer: Home-Start Southwark, CAN Mezzanine, 7-14 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4YR
Responsible to: Team Manager
Responsible for: Volunteers
Start time: September 2021
Application deadline: 24th August 12pm
Interview Dates: September 8th & 9th
Purpose of the job
The Family Support Coordinator provides targeted, specialised support to parents with at least one child under 5, but with a whole family approach. The post carries a high level of responsibility in ensuring that a quality service is offered to families through a team of trained volunteers.
Home-Start Southwark has been providing targeted early intervention for vulnerable children and families for the past 25 years. Our team recruits, trains and supports volunteers from the local community who help families to build on their strengths and increase their potential to give their children the best possible start in life.
About the role
This is an exciting role where you will be able to work closely with our volunteers to deliver professional peer support for struggling families. You will also work directly with families with a range of complex needs to support them to achieve the best outcomes they can. You will work with a range of multi-agency professionals to ensure family’s holistic needs are met.
· You are someone that people warm to recognising you as a trusted and capable professional
· You are a child focused, reflective practitioner able solve problems and able to deal with a fast-changing environment
· You have experience of implementing early intervention and prevention strategies with children & families
· You are skilled in building strong relationships with parents, volunteers and multi-agency partners
· You are experienced in delivering group activities and/or evidenced based parenting programmes
· You are able to work proactively with volunteers supporting their practice and enabling their development
· You are accountable and responsible, always doing what you say you will do to high standards
· You are determined, resourceful and competent to deliver the best outcomes for children and families
Our ambition is to continue to develop outstanding services that meet the needs of our community; if you want to be part of our future, we would love to meet you to discuss this further.
To find out more about this role: Please see the full job description and application form.
To find out more about Home-Start Southwark: Please see our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.