Purposes of the job: The purpose of the Scheme Manager role is to ensure that Home-Start Warrington has in place effective leadership required to meet its charitable objectives.
- To execute the strategic plan as laid down by the Trustees
- To hold responsibility for maintaining an overview of the scheme
- To ensure the effective day to day management of the scheme in accordance with the Home-Start Memorandum & Articles of Association; the Home-Start Standards & Methods of Practice, Home-Start Agreement and Quality Assurance Standards.
- To ensure the scheme maintains high standards of practice in supporting families within the Home-Start model
- To ensure equality of opportunity, fairness and diversity in all aspects of the scheme’s work.
- To ensure good safeguarding practice in all aspects of the scheme’s work
- To take responsibility for providing leadership and management to the staff team.
- To increase the profile of Home-Start Warrington in the region.
This is a strategic role for which the key responsibilities are:
- Leadership & People Management
- Business Development and Planning
- Effective Networking, PR and Marketing
- Income Generation
- Performance Management
- Operational Management
Key Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Manager/Leader with a demonstrable track record of success.
- They will possess strong leadership, strategic management and governance skills as well as being solution focussed.
- Strong change management skills are essential.
Detail of Responsibilities
Leadership and People Management
- To provide leadership to staff, delegating specific responsibilities to them where appropriate, and to maintain a climate which attracts, retains and motivates good quality staff.
- To undertake the leadership and line management of the staff team, including individual coaching, team development and motivation.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of staff recruitment, development and training, supervision, grievance and appraisal procedures are developed and conducted in accordance with accepted good practice and in line with Home Start UK Policies and Home Start Warrington business plan.
- To foster good communications within Home-Start Warrington and develop the organisation’s initiatives.
- To agree continuous professional development priorities with all staff.
- To oversee and ensure all aspects of volunteer recruitment, development, training, supervision procedures are developed and conducted in accordance with accepted good practice.
- To effectively manage all operational activities, monitoring and reporting to the Trustees on performance against objectives
- To ensure systems and processes are fit for purpose, aligned with Home Start UK practices and consistent throughout the organisation
Support for families/volunteers
- Maintaining an overview of the work with families.
- Ensuring support to families is of a high standard, in accordance with Home-Start’s model, policies and procedures.
- To undertake the Strategic Lead role on safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare.
- Ensuring the scheme maintains an effective team of volunteers
Fundraising and Income Generation
- To work with the Trustees on the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy in line with the organisation’s plans.
- To manage, support and work with the Trustees to secure adequate resources for Home-Start Warrington.
- To ensure research and funding priorities are up to date.
- To ensure new opportunities for income generation that will support Home-Start Warrington’s ambition are identified.
- To manage the relationship with key stakeholders ensuring excellent understanding of the value and importance of Home-Start Warrington’s work.
- To ensure all relationships are carefully managed, and to act in the best interests of the scheme at all times.
- To manage the financial plan and yearly budgets, working with the Trustees to ensure continued financial viability.
- To be responsible for ensuring adequate resources for Home-Start Warrington through sound financial management and effective budgeting.
- To take responsibility for service agreements, negotiating contracts and agreements as appropriate, in consultation with the Trustees.
- To ensure that the annual financial audit takes place, and to oversee the preparation.
- To ensure that the Trustees Annual Report is produced in line with current guidance.
Board and Governance
- Together with the Chair, to prepare an annual board timetable and regular meeting agendas.
- To attend all Trustee meetings, including sub-groups, as required.
- To ensure that such papers are available so as to enable the Trustees to make considered decisions about all matters of strategy, policy and finance.
- To work with the Chair and other trustees to identify, recruit and induct new trustees.
- To ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and HSUK requirements (either directly or through delegation) through appropriate policy development and standards of behaviour.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.