- To ensure the effective day to day management of the family services team in accordance with the Home-Start Memorandum & Articles of Association, the Home-Start Standards & Methods of Practice, the Home-Start Agreement and Quality Assurance Standards.
- To maintain high standards of practice in supporting families within the Home-Start model
- To ensure equality of opportunity, fairness and diversity in all aspects of the scheme’s and work.
- To ensure good safeguarding practice in all aspects of the scheme’s work
- To take responsibility for providing leadership and management to the Co-ordinator, Outreach Worker and any other appropriate members of staff as identified going forward (the family services team).
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day management of the family services team.
- Ensuring all Home-Start policies and procedures are implemented and reviewed.
- Ensuring effective administration and monitoring systems are in place.
- Ensuring that contracts or SLAs are delivered and targets are met
- Supporting the Board of Trustees and Scheme Manager in the recruitment, selection, induction, management and deployment of organisers/co-ordinators and other paid employees, as appropriate.
- Feed into Scheme Managers report to trustees
- Leading the family services team and ensuring that the Coordinator(s), Out reach Worker, student placement and volunteers receive effective supervision, direction and opportunities for development.
- Promoting the work of the scheme externally.
- Contributing to and supporting the development of the Home-Start network locally, regionally and nationally
- Maintaining an overview of all work with families supported by the family services team
- Manage own case load of supported families and volunteers, and model good practice in family support
- Receiving referrals, assessing need and allocating as appropriate .
- Ensuring support to families is of a high standard in accordance with Home-Start’s model, policies and procedures
- To undertake day-to-day designated responsibilities to safeguard and promote children’s welfare
- Ensure the scheme maintains an effective team of volunteers to support the family services team
- Ensure the scheme’s policies and procedures are fully implemented in all aspects of work with volunteers, including their recruitment, selection, preparation, support and supervision
- Ensure that the Home-Start preparation course is delivered in full and to a high standard to all prospective volunteers
- Ensure on going training is accessed as required
- Ensuring appropriate liaison and communication with referrers and other professionals
- Networking appropriately within the community.
- Contributing to local policy and community development as appropriate
Refreshed on: 15 March 2021
Closed date: 25 March 2021
Job ref: Senior Coordinator Home-Start Warrington
Tags: Volunteer Management, Support Worker
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.