If you really want to change people’s lives, this could be the opportunity for you.
Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers is a respected, dynamic, independent charity that provides vital support to local families with young children through challenging times. We intervene early, supporting parents, as they learn to cope, improve their confidence and build better lives for their children.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to take on this key role. You will have strong leadership skills, be positive, flexible and ‘hands on’ where needed. You will be passionate about our mission and ethos, and both contribute to, and deliver, our strategic vision. Most of all, you will be driven by the desire to help people and will want to play a key role in meeting their needs.
• Overall management and development of Home-Start.
• Strategic leadership, ensuring the organisation fulfills its vision, mission and objectives.
• Management and support for a growing team with comprehensive business plans and objectives.
• Developing relationships and innovative programmes to ensure our growth and influence.
• Ensure long term sustainability through effective delivery, sound finances and good governance.
With excellent interpersonal skills, you will ideally bring a range of experience - from securing revenue growth, developing partnerships to creating and delivering solutions to help support our families. You will have gravitas, strong emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills. Access to private transport is essential.
For more information, download the CEO job pack below.
To apply for the role please submit your CV and a covering letter to our Chair Simone Collins, email address in the CEO pack. You can also email the Chair to have an informal chat about the role.
Your covering letter should be no more than 2 A4 pages in length and include:
- why you are interested in the role and how your experience and skills are relevant to our work;
- how you would manage budgets and resource allocation and;
- what strategies you use to motivate a team taking into account their overall welfare and well-being.
At Home-Start, we believe passionately that a truly inclusive workplace leads to increased social impact. We are committed to equality and diversity and to ensuring a safe and respectful environment which promotes the well-being and dignity of our employees, partners and the families we support.
We strongly encourage applications from people from a range of backgrounds.
Recruitment Timetable (subject to change)
Deadline for applications: 20th May 2022
First interviews in Watford: w/c 23rd May 2022
Second interviews in Watford: w/c 13th June 2022
Your covering letter should be no more than 2, A4 pages in length and include:
- Why you are interested in the role
- How your experience and skills are relevant to our work
- How you would manage budgets and resource allocation
- What strategies you use to motivate a team taking into account their overall welfare and well-being
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.