We are a leading family support charity, dedicated to working with families with young children who are experiencing difficulties in 3 boroughs – Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, and Hammersmith and Fulham. We offer a unique service, training volunteers and matching them to families to provide weekly practical and emotional support in their homes. Our approach is flexible to take account of family and volunteers’ different needs, with the aim of encouraging families’ strengths, increasing their confidence and improving their wellbeing and life outcomes.
We are excited to recruit a full-time experienced Coordinator in a new, dual role. If you are passionate about making a difference for children and families, then you’ll certainly enjoy bringing your skills to part of a small, friendly, enthusiastic staff team, assessing the needs of families; matching them with appropriate volunteers; training and supervising volunteers; liaising with referrers and local partners; and exploring funding opportunities and reporting to funders. You will manage your own caseload of families with a variety of needs, whilst also playing a vital role in strengthening our communications, promoting and sharing the transformational work of Home-Start to our varied audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of children and families, and experience of supporting families
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively via different mediums
- Good knowledge and experience of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating projects
- Knowledge of safeguarding, and the ability to support, motivate and supervise volunteers
- A positive team player with commitment to anti-discriminatory practice, and the ability to work using your own initiative
This is a new role with a contract for 12 months, however there is a possibility for extension.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.