Part time (2 days per week) – Home-based with potential overseas travel
Salary - £30,000 pro rata
Benefits – 25 days + bank holidays pro rata, pension, CPD & flexible working
Home-Start Worldwide (HSW) wants to see a world where vulnerable families receive the help they need to give their children a safe and healthy start in life. Our ambition is to take the successful model established in the UK of autonomous local groups providing trained volunteers offering practical and emotional support to families struggling to cope, and spread this further around the world.
We at Home-Start Worldwide provide the strategic leadership to a network of Home-Start organisations in 22 countries across the world. Our role is to support and strengthen network members, so they can grow and support more vulnerable families with young children achieve their full potential. We do this through providing start up support, partnership development, training & developmental, ensure universal quality standards and polices such as safeguarding are in place.
We are at an early stage of our development in strengthening support to existing network members and establishing new Home-Start’s around the world. To kick start our capacity building programme, we wish to employ a p/t Fundraising Manager to support the p/t CEO develop and implement an ambitious fundraising strategy which builds a diverse and sustainable income base for the organisation to grow.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, result focused, enjoys the flexibility of home-working and wants to make a difference to the lives of children and families across the world. You will need to have a strong track-record of successful applications to charitable trusts, foundations, corporations and statutory bodies, to hit the ground running and make the most of funding opportunities.
Accountability and Relationships
Reporting to the CEO
Home-Start network members
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of HSW’s global strategy and programmes.
- Develop a clear fundraising plan in line with income targets
- Identifying funding opportunities from trusts & foundations, from both the UK and overseas.
- Plan and prioritise multiple grant applications and in an opportune manner
- Create and submit proposals and applications to trusts and other grant-making organisations in the UK and overseas
- Ensuring quality and timely submission of donor reports and communications
- Drafting budgets for proposals and reports
- Developing coherent and high-quality logical frameworks for projects, including the design of monitoring and evaluation plans, surveys and other M&E tools
- Ensure compliance with donor and HSW rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Ensuring quality information management related to grants, keeping comprehensive records of donations, grant funding and fundraising activities
- Supporting the trustees and CEO with ad-hoc fundraising functions as requested
- To work with HSW network members and external partners in larger joint applications
- Reach an anticipated income targets for fundraising – (£150,000 in the first year)
- When relevant, attend meetings representing HSW
Skills and experience required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a donor-facing role including fundraising, proposal writing and reporting
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail and ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- Successful track record in writing high quality funding proposals, applications and reports
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience of managing a varied portfolio of relationships.
- Experience of developing collaborative / joint bids
- Previously worked to fundraising income targets.
- Self-motivated, solution-focused, thinks strategically, see the big picture, outgoing, friendly and persuasive; able to impress and motivate HSW’s potential donors and partners
- Proactive, imaginative and love what you do
- Formal qualification or training in International Development or a related field
- Strong financial management skills to include budgeting, analysis and reporting
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor-funded projects
- Knowledge of using a fundraising CRM system to carry out day to day admin duties.
- Knowledge of trusts landscape within International Development in the UK and overseas.
- Knowledge of the SDGs.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV (2 pages max) and a covering letter (1-page max.) before 5pm, Tuesday 6th July, outlining how you meet the job criteria, regarding the personal specification and why you want to work with us.
Interviews will be held week commencing 12th July.
Home-Start Worldwide is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.