Hong Kong Watch is looking to appoint a part-time Fundraising and Communications Director to expand our organisation’s capacity and improve our communications. This is your chance to work for a leading organisation focusing on one of the world’s most important foreign policy issues.
Hong Kong Watch is a UK-based registered charity which researches and monitors threats to Hong Kong’s human rights, rule of law and autonomy. We are experts on Hong Kong, regularly commenting on issues in the international and local press. We work with high-level stakeholders to pressure international governments to stand for human rights in Hong Kong.
The desired candidate will be an experienced professional with a proven track record of raising substantial funds from major donors, grant giving bodies and fundraising events. They will be experienced in developing and maintaining donor relationships and have an excellent understanding and experience of all digital, marketing and communication channels, particularly in the context of NGOs/charities. They will be passionate about defending the freedoms of people in Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy, in line with organisational strategy and communications strategy
- Develop and manage major donors and maintain strong relationships and engagement with existing supporters
- Identify new fundraising and partnership opportunities to ensure long-term sustainability of the organisation
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations Director to identify grant opportunities
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations Director in tracking key performance indicators and regularly report to the Director and the Board of Trustees on funding
- Develop and implement the organisation’s communications strategy and grow the organisation’s profile in key locations
- Understand the policy development in Hong Kong and ensure all communications brief are in line with in-house policy and research
- Responsible for the organisation’s image and communication work to identify creative and novel approaches for communications, with particular emphasis on social media, digital engagement, and digital fundraising
- Proven track record of raising substantial funds from major donors, grant giving bodies and fundraising events
- Experience in developing and maintaining donor relationships
- Demonstrated skills in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of raising funds with major donors is required
- Excellent understanding and experience of all digital, marketing and communication channels, particularly in the context of NGOs/charity is required
- Experience in social media engagement and digital fundraising is required
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours when necessary
- Knowledge of Hong Kong politics and UK / US politics is desirable
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is desirable