Hope for Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society. Around the world, we are growing a movement of abolitionists who believe freedom is worth the fight. Our team works from more than 30 locations across five continents. If you’re looking to make a difference, this is the place for the you.
Hope for Justice is seeking an exceptional researcher, communicator and relationship-builder to take us to the next level in the way we interact with institutional funders and grant-making bodies.
As UK Partnerships Officer – Trusts & Foundations, you will secure long-term and sustainable sources of income for Hope for Justice’s award-winning and life-changing projects. The role includes research, application writing, building relationships, generating reports for secured funders and the ability to work effectively towards ambitious targets. You will work with our frontline Programs teams around the world to establish key needs and match these with potential sources of funding. The successful candidate will need to have a good balance of written and numerical/analytical skills, as well as experience with pipeline and prospect database management.
The role will involve representing the charity in external meetings, writing high-quality reports and maintaining comprehensive records, so attention-to-detail is a must.
Knowledge of modern slavery and human trafficking will also be an important part of achieving success in this role.
As Hope for Justice repositions our Programmes to make ten times the impact over the next ten years, the work of the UK Partnerships Officer – Trusts & Foundations will be a vital part of achieving sustainable and long-term income, and in doing so, changing lives and ending slavery.
This position requires someone with at least two years’ experience in a similar role and a proven track record – for full details and requirements, see the Role Profile.
- Work as part of a team to deliver the KPIs and fundraising targets set by the International Development Director.
- Generate income from UK Trusts and Foundations to enable delivery of Hope for Justice programmes worldwide.
- To maintain a portfolio of existing trust relationships and to nurture relationships with existing UK Trusts and Foundations. This entails ensuring that contacts are recorded in the CRM system and reports to funders produced in a timely manner.
- To be a major contributor to the development of Hope for Justice Trust and Foundations programme through the cultivation of new relationships in the UK - focussing on trusts capable of contributing at the major and high value level.
- To grow all trust income and maximise all income opportunities from the UK through research and networking.
- To carry out effective research to identify new prospective donors.
Salary: Up to £25,000 per year, dependent on experience
Closing date: 16th May 2021
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.