Receptionist/Administrator (Manchester, UK)
Are you a friendly, outgoing person, who loves to organise, solve problems, and facilitate the smooth running of a dynamic organisation? Hope for Justice is a fast-growing anti-slavery charity, looking for someone just like you! If you are experienced in excellent administration and reception duties, and you believe in making a difference and joining a team that is committed to seeing the end of slavery around the world, then we can't wait to meet you.
This full-time position will be based at Hope for Justice head office in central Manchester. Please visit our website to submit your application.
- To ensure that all callers and visitors are received in an excellent and professional manner and that reception areas operate a high quality service at all times.
- To provide general administrative and basic IT support to the Head Office team.
Location: Head Office, Manchester
Reporting To: Chief of Staff
Key Result Areas
- Creating a welcoming and professional Reception environment, as well as managing guest hospitality when required
- Processing or redirection of all phone calls and enquiries promptly and efficiently
- Provision of first class general administrative and basic IT support
- Ensuring Head Office staff received training on relevant administrative systems and processes
- Maintaining clear communications in line with Hope for Justice’s tone, brand and values
- Staff the reception desk, welcome all visitors to the office and oversee hospitality
- Ensure front of house is presented and maintained to a high standard
- Answer incoming calls & ensure voicemails are handled appropriately and promptly
- Process all incoming email enquiries addressed to [email protected] (designated owner)
- Process incoming and outgoing mail to agreed standards
- Oversee HO general maintenance and upkeep, including monitoring security, fixing breakages, maintaining tidiness, overseeing health and safety matters
- Resource HO with stationery, furniture, equipment, business cards etc., obtaining purchase approvals which source supplies from ethical, competitive sources
- Assist (mainly Head Office) staff with a limited range of basic IT issues, e.g. password resets, installations, giving guidance, simple error fixing (as distinct to most IT issues which are dealt with by a dedicated IT support company)
- Assist with basic Office 365 administration – creating new accounts, maintaining distribution lists, granting permissions etc.
- Assist with on-boarding new staff – train in using Office 365, health and safety, computer security, ensure equipment is ordered in a timely manner
- Strong work ethic
- Organisation skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship management
- Ability to work under pressure & time management
- Creative problem solving
- Self confidence
- Positive attitude
- Software proficiency
- Written skills
- Information security awareness
Experience & Education
- Educated to A-level standard or higher, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Office Management, Secretarial or Administration role