Hope Health Action is a Christian NGO passionate about providing life-saving health and disability care to the world’s most vulnerable without any discrimination. We work tirelessly to provide health, disability and emergency relief in Haiti, Uganda and South Sudan; working to serve, equip and empower local partners so they can provide dignified and accessible care to the most vulnerable.
HHA started in 2007 when we co-founded a hospital in Haiti that has since become one of the leading health facilities in northern Haiti. This has included co-founding a maternity and neonatal unit which cares for thousands of mothers and babies every year. We are passionate that mothers and babies have access to safe births. We also co-founded one of Haiti’s leading spinal cord injury rehabilitation centres and are now one of Haiti’s leading disability rehabilitation providers. In recent years we’ve also launched in East Africa providing emergency relief to the South Sudan refugee crisis. We’ve provided life-saving aid through emergency food rations, the provision of Plumpy’Nut (a therapeutic food to treat severe and acute malnutrition), maternal health care and disability projects. This includes the development of an exciting new project, opening a major new disability centre in 2021 in Bidibidi Refugee Settlement. We have exciting plans to scale up our work in Haiti and East Africa in the coming years and are looking for an ambitious Fundraising & Partnerships Manager to join the team and help us reach these goals.
Fundraising and Partnerships Manager:
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and enthusiastic Fundraising and Partnerships Manager who can develop and manage our fundraising strategy in the coming years, paying particular attention to building our supporter base and developing new partnerships. We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious individual with a genuine passion for international development.
The Fundraising and Partnership Manager will have a unique and exciting opportunity to help HHA grow and make a real and tangible impact to our beneficiaries. This includes helping to raise important funds to support the development of our partner hospital in Haiti, one of the leading health facilities in northern Haiti; alongside a growing range of health, disability and emergency programmes in South Sudan and Uganda. As a small charity, the Fundraising and Partnership Manager will have direct links to our field operations, including the opportunity to regularly visit our overseas programmes and have on-going opportunities for cross-departmental learning. We are a small but passionate, friendly and close-knit team where staff are encouraged to execute creative and new ideas, working together to support each other’s efforts.
This role will cover a diverse range of our fundraising activities and require someone with the competence and experience to manage multiple aspects of our strategy. It would be desirable for someone to have previous experience working within a small organisation to understand the dynamics between providing strategic development and handling the day-to-day operations. Areas of responsibility will include;
STRATEGY & VISION:
HHA is looking for someone with the vision and energy to develop a clear 3 year fundraising & partnership development strategy that will build upon existing strengths of HHA and develop new, innovative ideas in a professional and effective manner. This will require someone with adaptability, creativity and strong relationship building skills, working with HHA’s Finance Manager, Country Directors, CEO and Board of Trustees to design, implement and effectively monitor a strategy. This will be done with the aim of fulfilling a number of key objectives that will help increase our fundraising income over the coming 3 years. This will include setting out clear annual plans and executing these against agreed financial targets set with the CEO. This will include:
- Engaging new supporters and increasing ‘sign ups’. HHA has a strong and faithful base of long-term supporters. However, in order for HHA to grow and fulfil our ambitious vision, inspiring and engaging new supporters will be a central objective for this role.
- Improving communications, with particular focus on digital fundraising. This will include helping to build a stronger online community through improved social media and donor/supporter communications via email, website etc. It would be desirable for someone to have relevant experience and understanding about the future of digital fundraising (for instance, integrating easier donation technologies).
- Developing new partnerships, including a specific focus on establishing and cultivating new relationships with churches, community giving groups, and corporate partners.
- HHA US. HHA has just launched in America. This is an exciting time for HHA and a unique opportunity for the postholder to aid the development of our US based fundraising activities in synergy with our UK efforts. This will include exploring opportunities for joint digital fundraising, communications that can aid both countries and providing support for the US Director in developing US based fundraising plans.
Alongside developing a robust fundraising strategy for HHA, the Fundraising and Partnerships Director will also be responsible for the following tasks:
This role will include bringing new, creative ideas around our communications and marketing, taking the lead with our programme team in identifying strong stories, engaging news/content etc. and working alongside the CEO with designers/videographers on the production of various fundraising/marketing materials, including regular and strong donor communications. This will include our Life Support Newsletter, specific annual appeals/campaigns, digital communications, thank you letters and other relevant donor communications.
As highlighted above, we are looking for someone with the confidence to initiate new partnerships and the ability to forge new connections/relationships with possible supporter, volunteer or donor groups. As a Christian charity with a small but committed number of church partners, we believe building upon our current church partnership activities will prove fruitful. Applicants should subsequently be comfortable in this environment and it would be desirable for someone to have had previous church based fundraising experience or knowledge through active church involvement. Beyond churches, the Fundraising and Partnerships Manager should aid the CEO in the approach and partnership development with other key relationships. For instance, other community groups, major donors, corporate groups etc.
As a small charity, HHA are dependent on the support and energy of volunteers, working remotely and from the HHA office (COVID19 dependent). The new Fundraising & Partnerships Manager should thrive in a face-to-face environment, with effective leadership qualities to build and empower a volunteer team who can help implement the proposed strategy and help oversee the diversity of activities.
It will be the Fundraising and Partnership Manager’s responsibility to execute HHA’s broader fundraising efforts and ensure they are implemented to a high standard. This will include overseeing the completion of the following activities:
- Donor management, including ensuring donors are thanked in a timely manner and supporter communications are managed effectively, including our regular donors and through sites like Global Giving.
- Working with our Operations Coordinator to ensure donations are appropriately tracked in our donor database. The Operations Coordinator will provide valuable on-going support to this role, helping to manage the database, third party systems (CAF, Justgiving) and GiftAid.
- HHA already have an experienced Grants and Trusts Coordinator who manages this side of our fundraising. The Fundraising and Partnership’s Director will be available to offer support as needed, though we do not foresee this being a regular or timely need.
- Managing the successful implementation of any fundraising events that the Fundraising and Partnerships Manager designs within the strategy. HHA have previously adopted a range of events, including small community-led quiz nights, Church partner events, Challenge events, and occasional Charity Galas (generally on special occasions like charity anniversaries).
- Provide quarterly reports to HHA’s Board of Trustees, sharing progress against the agreed strategy with clear KPIs
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.