Network and Campaigns Lead
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will work with the Horsham Matters team and alongside local partners to develop and deliver local influencing strategies and campaigns within Horsham District to bring about long-term positive change for the residents of Horsham.
You will be the link between our Charity and the Trussell Trust OLM team contributing to the national movement to end the need for foodbanks.
- To work with the Community Support Manager and Managing Director to identify local issues driving poverty; build and deliver a Horsham Matters campaign and develop a strategy to build power and win change
- To explore and understand the experiences that are bringing people that lead people to the use Foodbank; working with Horsham Matters’ team and volunteers
- Develop a range of tools which encourage stakeholder engagement, mapping out and building relationships with the food bank’s partners, Churches, referral agencies and local anti-poverty organisations, and engage them in identifying the local drivers of poverty
- Develop and manage a team volunteers to work with you to mobilise the campaign; liaising with the Volunteer Co-ordinator as appropriate
- Prepare press releases for local media, and liaise with th Social Media Assistant to ensure that campaigns are promoted through our platforms
- Develop mechanisms to measure the impact of the influencing campaign
- Work closely with the Charity’s Pathfinder leadership team on data analysis and share findings to provide evidence of impact
- To work with the fundraising team to develop opportunities to raise funds through the network you develop
- To work with the Trussell Trust’s Organising and Local Mobilisation (OLM) team and engage with the training and support on offer, including work with other local organisers in the Trussell Trust network, and engage in Trussell Trust’s central priority campaign activities as well as other national poverty campaigns
- Represent the Charity at local meetings and events where appropriate
- Communicate regularly with the Charity’s leadership team; attending Management meetings and Trustees meetings etc.
- Other duties as required by the Managing Director
- Experience in delivering campaigns and an understanding how to bring about change
- Skilled in public presentation, and experience of working with local media
- Good project management skills, able to balance a range of priorities
- Working as part of a team whilst being able to be self-motivated
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be committed to the values of Horsham Matters and Trussell Trust
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.