We have an opportunity for an experienced communications/marketing professional to join us as our Head of Communications based in Pembury, near Tunbridge Wells on a full time, permanent basis (part time considered). You will receive a salary of £34,069 per annum. You will have strong marketing and communication management experience, ideally having worked in both the commercial and charity sectors.
Hospice in the Weald strives to ensure that the community we serve has access to compassionate, individualised, holistic and supportive care for all patients with a terminal illness, their families and carers in West Kent and Northern East Sussex. Our Hospice in Pembury is in a beautiful rural setting, close to historic Royal Tunbridge Wells in Kent and just 30 miles south of London
As our Head of Communications you will receive fantastic benefits including:
- Rewarding working environment
- Generous pension scheme
- Training opportunities
- Subsidised restaurant
- Child care vouchers
- Free parking
- Holiday trading – the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As our Head of Communications you will deliver and evolve our Communications strategy. You will help develop our approach to insights marketing and manage our brand in line with our strategic aims. You will be an excellent storyteller with a flair for engaging all stakeholders, including communicating with patients, families and carers with ease, diplomacy and sensitivity.
The Head of Communications duties and key responsibilities:
- Developing a “Marketing and External Communications strategy”, to include SMART objectives that support the Hospice in the Weald 3-year Strategy, and effectively manages our reputation
- Achieve maximum media coverage for Hospice in the Weald across all relevant channels.
- Ensure that Hospice in the Weald is appropriately represented in print and digital media.
- Evaluating and developing inbound marketing approaches
- Achieving maximum media coverage for Hospice in the Weald across all relevant channels.
- Proposing the annual Communications and Marketing budget to the Income Generation Director
- Managing costs throughout the year to achieve value for money
- Supporting the Hospice Leadership Team in managing any potential reputational risks to the Hospice
- Leading and guiding others to maximise the promotion of income generation and Hospice wide activity
- Proactively monitoring and reporting on media coverage, taking rapid action as necessary to ensure agreed targets are achieved
- Maintaining awareness, and ensuring the implementation of all relevant legislation, including developing and evolving good practices
- Use the latest technology and most appropriate methods of communication to maximise impact
Our ideal Head of Communications will have the below skills and experience:
- Ability to translate easily and effectively all that we do and achieve
- Be a creative thinker with the ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of marketing and communications planning, and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with and managing a CRM database
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Head of Communications then please click ‘Apply’ today!