This is a key position, within a dynamic and inspiring supporter-focused Fundraising Team. The role would suit a highly driven and experienced fundraiser who is looking to further develop their account management and proactive fundraising skills.
The post holder will be responsible for both acquiring and maintaining community relationships with supporters, including community groups, companies and individuals. They will have the ability to identify and seize opportunities and provide impeccable stewardship to increase lifetime value.
About the Team
The fundraising team at Hospices of Hope is a public-facing team raising over £1m every year, working with hundreds of supporters who raise money in aid of the Charity through a varied range of activities.
You will have experience of working in a supporter-facing fundraising environment and a track record of providing impeccable account management and successfully securing new partnerships.
Specifically, you will have:
• A proven ability in relationship management to third-party fundraisers
• A passion for working towards ambitious fundraising targets
• The ability to identify and seize opportunities
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to take ownership of your workload and be a self-starter
• Experience working with the general public in a customer-facing role
• The ability to work effectively with our CRM (HQN), analysing information and reporting on KPI's
• Sound knowledge of the Charities Act and Institute of Fundraising guidelines, ensuring all fundraising activities are fully compliant
About the Charity
Hospices of Hope, has led the way in developing hospice care for terminally ill children and adults in Romania and surrounding countries over the past 25 years. Our services have already reached more than 40,000 of the most disadvantaged people in Europe and despite some progress in the reform of the healthcare systems, many patients continue to be left without proper care at the end of life. Hospices of Hope seeks to ensure that all our patients are given the best possible pain relief and holistic support for each day that they have left. In addition, we have provided more than 20,000 training sessions in hospice care for thousands of healthcare professionals from more than 19 countries in the region’. A better future for seriously ill children and adults starts with you.
Please refer to the full job description below for more information.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a detailed covering letter (no more than one page) and CV to Anna Perolls, Fundraising & Resources Director. The covering letter should clearly outline the following:
- How you are suitable for the role using the person specification and responsibilities highlighted in the job description
- Your motivation to work for the charity
- Your salary expectation and notice period
Applications that do not follow this guidance will not be progressed.
Please submit your CV and covering letter at your earliest convenience if you are suitable for the position.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If your application is not successful, we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies.
Closing date: 30th September**
*This vacancy may close earlier if we receive enough applications. Therefore we encourage all applicants to apply immediately