Great opportunity to join Hospiscare as a Fundraiser, covering the Exeter area!
Hospiscare is looking for a Fundraiser based in Exeter. We offer hybrid working – on site and from home. You will join us on a full-time basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,511 - £24,211 per annum (pro rata). You will be required to work 30 – 37.5 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days, Monday to Friday.
About the Fundraiser role:
As our Fundraiser, you will deliver a mixed fundraising portfolio that raises awareness and maximises income to achieve set annual targets.
You will have strong relationships with supporters, local community organisations and businesses in the area you cover, enabling you to co-ordinate fundraising campaigns that maximise crucial income for the charity.
Key responsibilities as our Fundraiser:
- Building and maintaining relationships with supporters, including Hospiscare Friends and Support Groups, in a designated geographical area to raise awareness and maximise income
- Co-ordinating fundraising campaigns, ensuring they have a detailed project plan and budget, to facilitate monitoring and evaluation
- Providing clear targets for relevant team members to maintain momentum and motivation of a fundraising project from start to finish
- Assisting with the development of a clear action plan to target fundraising activities within the local community, ensuring all key fundraising activities are incorporated, to
- increase and maximise income
- Maintaining regular communication with key supporters and volunteers, using appropriate methods, to ensure relevant information is always available
- Assisting the Corporate Fundraising Officer to maintain and improve administration processes to ensure supporters feel valued
- Providing compelling supporter news and stories to the Marketing and Communications (Marcomms) team to support the broader communications from Hospiscare
- Processing all payments, liaising with Donations Officer, Donations Administrator and Finance team to ensure they are recorded accurately
- Recording all key communications with supporters and volunteers on NXT using the agreed process to ensure accurate and up to date records are kept
- Assisting with reviews of the Code of Fundraising Practice to ensure all fundraising activity complies with Charity law and Hospiscare policies and procedures
What we’re looking for in our Fundraiser:
- General education to GCSE standard or equivalent, including maths and English
- Demonstrable experience of working within a sales, retail, customer services or support based environment
- Understanding of working with a range of people and meeting their needs
- Understanding budgets and meeting set targets
- Understanding of databases
- Developed planning and organising skills
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Developed IT skills
- Developed presentation skills
- Able to assimilate and analyse written and financial information quickly and accurately
- Ability to work autonomously and act on own initiative, seeking advice/escalating issues when appropriate
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Benefits of becoming our Fundraiser include:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Great pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to NHS benefits and discounts
- Free parking
Closing date: Sunday 9th January 2022
Are you the special person we’re looking for to join our wonderful team?
If you believe you have the skills and experience, we want, and are interested in working for a well-loved and highly respected local charity where you can really make a difference, then please apply now to become our Fundraiser!
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Full Job Description and Person Spec can be found on our website.
Hospiscare is Disability Confident and a MINDFUL EMPLOYER which promotes equal opportunities for all and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of sex, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
Registered charity number 297798