Fantastic opportunity to join Hospiscare as an Apprentice in our Human Resources team, working towards a Level 3 HR Support qualification in partnership with Exeter College!
Hospiscare is looking for a HR Administrator (Apprentice) based in Exeter. We offer hybrid working – on site and from home. You will join us on an 18-month, fixed-term contract starting January 2022, and in return, you will receive a salary of £6.30 per hour in the first 12 months. You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, 5 days, Monday to Friday.
About the HR Administrator (Apprentice) role:
As our HR Administrator (Apprentice), you will be working as part of a small, dedicated team, providing efficient administrative support to HR colleagues, and helping them deliver an effective, timely and professional HR service for all Hospiscare staff.
At the same time, you will be working towards achieving a Level 3 HR Support qualification, developing knowledge and skills in HR practice that will enable your career progression in the profession.
Key responsibilities as our HR Administrator (Apprentice):
- Maintaining the electronic HR systems to ensure all records are complete and up to date, and accurate reports can be produced as required
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to HR processes using agreed templates and established procedures, to ensure they are compliant with employment legislation and with Hospiscare’s policies
- Monitoring the HR inbox, triaging and allocating messages to team members appropriately, to ensure responses are within agreed timescales
- Responding to general enquiries and requests from line managers and staff, providing information in a timely manner or escalating appropriately, in order that service standards are maintained
- Assisting the HR Officer with recruitment processes when required to ensure continuity of service for line managers and that applicants enjoy positive interaction with Hospiscare
- Assisting the HR Business Partner and HR Senior Advisor with HR issues, processes and procedures as opportunities arise, to develop knowledge and skills that will enable the provision of solutions, advice and support to employees and line managers
- Collaborating with colleagues in the Volunteering team so that an integrated whole People team approach is adopted
What we’re looking for in our HR Administrator (Apprentice):
- Education to GCSE level (or equivalent) including maths and English at Grade C/4 or above
- Demonstrable experience of using databases, including entering data and running reports
- Able to plan and organise your own workload, work flexibly responding positively to changing priorities, and have a solution focussed approach
- Demonstrable administrative experience
- Awareness of the work of hospices and of Hospiscare
- Awareness of Employment Law and Human Resource Management, including recruitment and selection procedures
- Awareness of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Developed communication skills
- Able and willing to work flexibly as part of a team, responding positively to changing priorities
- Willing to work in different Hospiscare locations occasionally if required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
Benefits of becoming our HR Administrator (Apprentice) include:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Great pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to NHS benefits and discounts
- Free parking
Closing date: Sunday 9th January 2022
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Want to start your career in HR? Or looking for a career change?
No two days at Hospiscare are the same, so if you’d like a role that’s fast paced and varied, in an outstanding organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives, then please apply now to become our HR Administrator (Apprentice)!
Full Job Description and Person Spec can be found on our website.
Hospiscare is Disability Confident and a MINDFUL EMPLOYER which promotes equal opportunities for all and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of sex, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
Registered charity number 297798