To work in partnership with the Board to provide strategic leadership to the
charity, carry out its governance responsibilities, strengthen further relationships
with all key stakeholders including the local authority and ensure the range of
services remains sustainable in a changing and challenging climate. A key
requirement of the role will be to shape and deliver a 3 year strategic plan, lead
and mentor an enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers and embed a high
Supported Living Manager, Food Bank Co-ordinator, (Full Time)
Wellbeing Project Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Administrative Assistant,
To maintain consistent and constructive dialogue with the Board on all
matters relating to the operational functioning of the charity, ensuring that
the Board has sufficient oversight, resources, guidance, and advice to
remain legally compliant, solvent, and effective.
• Strategic Leadership
Lead the organisation and its services in times of change, working closely
with the Board of Trustees to develop and drive the strategic plans, to
remain relevant to our service user needs and sustainable as a charity.
• Ambassador for the charity
A people person who is engaging externally to building and maintain
relationships with the local authority, and all other relevant partners and
networks to fulfil our strategy. As well as internally to bring together the
team behind our common purpose.
• Organisational Management
Leading and mentoring staff and volunteers in implementing the charity’s
strategy, ensuring that robust business plans, policies and procedures are in
place and there is appropriate accountability for managing performance
against financial and non-financial objectives measured against KPI’s and
taking remedial action when necessary.
Creating a safe and inclusive environment by promoting a culture of
respect, wellbeing, health and safety, diversity and equality, ensuring
robust systems and policies are in place to drive culture where everyone is
valued and equipped to do their role so that the charity moves forward to
meet the future needs of less fortunate people in South Tyneside.
• Scope and Limits of Authority
The charity has a code of conduct for all staff and volunteers. Some levels of
authority will be delegated to the post-holder and these will be detailed in
the document entitled ‘Delegated Authorities’ which will be reviewed and
updated by the Board from time to time.
Competencies & Character.
• A dynamic leader with strategic vision and commercial awareness.
• Able to maintain composure in difficult situations, using diplomacy, tact,
and negotiation skills to achieve the right organisational outcomes.
• A solver of complex organisational problems with the ability to delegate
effectively, work under pressure to agreed deadlines, be receptive to ideas
and adapt to change.
• Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
Skills and Experience
• A proven track record of leadership roles & strategic delivery
• A passion for upholding Christian values.
• People management expertise to provide direction and effective support to
a multidisciplinary team with effective communication.
• Strong emotional intelligence and resilience.
• Charity Sector knowledge and governance of charitable organisations.
• Experience with the homelessness and enterprise sectors.
• Master’s in Business administration, NGO Management of Public-Sector
• Ability to relate to church leaders as well as other faith communities.
Commitment to our Values
The Chief Executive, alongside our staff, volunteers and trustees must be
committed to driving forward the Charity’s core values as we strive for our vision.
To provide food, shelter, and a future to vulnerable and homeless people in South
Compassion – Reaching out with a heart and care for others, responding with
understanding and a compelling desire to support.
Integrity – Shaping all our deliberations, discussions and decisions in ways that are
upright, ethical, and morally sound.
Inclusive – Welcoming and respecting in equal measure that all may feel valued.
Empowerment – Equipping and enabling all to be free from that which has hold.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.