Housing for Women have an exciting opportunity for a Special Projects Support Worker to join their growing team based in London.
Job Title: Special Projects Support Worker
Location: Various locations across London
Salary: £24,464- £29,901 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Fixed Term
Housing for Women runs a number of projects across London to support women with a variety of needs. Due to current demands, we are looking for a Special Projects Support Worker to provide high quality support service to these projects:
ReUnite supports women to re-unite with their children
ReConnect supports women with complex needs dealing with substance misuse
RePlace supports women who have been trafficked into the UK
The successful candidate will be rewarded by working in a small and friendly team of practitioners, focused on supporting the women through a period of transition as well as supporting each member of the team to achieve positive outcomes.
The team regularly liaises with the wider Supported Housing department for team meetings and training. Housing for Women has a diverse and experienced pool of staff. This is an opportunity for networking, sharing ideas, knowledge and best practice.
Special Projects Support Worker - Key Responsibilities:
- To work in partnership with service users in assessing their individual needs, through support planning and reviewing using the principles of person centred planning
- Undertake needs and risk assessments of each child coming into the service and develop an individual risk and support plan using an evidence based approach to achieve positive measurable outcomes in line with the outcome star and early learning goals
- Implement and embed co-production mechanisms with partner agencies for parenting group, therapeutic group work and providing group programs to women and their children if required
- Use participation strategies to engage young people and provide the most effective service for the children, young people and their families
- Provide effective advice and advocacy services to ensure the women have access to housing, welfare benefits, social services and legal support
Special Projects Support Worker - You:
- Experience of delivering support to adults from diverse backgrounds and with mixed abilities and complex needs in a supported environment
- Experience of delivering support to adults from diverse backgrounds and with mixed abilities who have alcohol and substance misuse needs
- Experience of undertaking individual assessments including risk assessments and developing and delivering support plans
- Understanding of local and national approaches to tackling domestic abuse including MARAC, child protection, social and voluntary services approaches/involvement
- You will have an understanding of support mechanisms required when dealing with women who may require treatment in respect to drug and alcohol use and the potential barriers that there may be in accessing treatment.
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 80 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have
Special Projects Support Worker - Benefits:
- 27 days holiday
- Buy and sell annual leave programme
- Health Cash Plan and more
To submit your application for this exciting Special Projects Support Worker opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page!