We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and outgoing female volunteer to assist our Refuge team with a diverse range of administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will be a resilient individual with a can do- attitude, able to multitask and good at thinking on their feet. This role can be very dynamic in a fast paced environment one day and the next a relatively calmed and quiet day without interruptions.
If you have what it takes to work behind the scenes to ensure the refuge runs efficiently and you have good office and administration skills we want to hear from you.
What do we need you for?
You will be based in one of our refuges in the London borough of Greenwich for women and their children fleeing domestic abuse. As the Volunteer Refuge Administrator you will be helping us with answering the phones, taking referrals, sorting out deliveries and donations, ensuring the smooth day to day running of the refuge, among other very important behind the scenes tasks.
What’s in it for you?
If you are looking to gain hands on experience in administration and office or facilities management this is the perfect opportunity for you! This role will suit an empathetic and patient individual wanting to put to practice their organisation skills.
Some additional benefits are:
- Experience of working in a supportive and professional environment
- Full induction, support and supervision
- Opportunity to develop new skills
- Relevant training opportunities (i.e. health and Safety, Data Protection, Confidentiality, DV, etc.)
- We reimburse genuine out of pocket travel and lunch expenses.
When do we need you?
We are looking for someone who ideally can dedicate 1-2 days a week with us for at least of 6 months.
Days and hours can be negotiated as long as they are compatible with our service operation hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Closing date to apply: 12:00pm on Thursday 31st October 2019
- Core training and induction will be provided prior commencing the role.
- We reimburse genuine out of pocket travel expenses (London zones 1- 6) to and from the place of work and up to £5 for lunch expenses.
- Housing for Women will conduct a full DBS Check.
Due to the nature of the work, this role is restricted to female only candidates. The Occupational Requirement under Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and sections of the community and we particularly encourage applications from senior citizens, ex-offenders and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our Volunteering Programme.
What are some of the skills, experience and knowledge we look for?
- Knowledge of office packages like Word, Excel and outlook.
- Understanding of gender based violence, its impact on women and children (desirable)
- Can- do attitude and ability to cope under pressure
- Good physical Ability to bend/ carry heavy loads (i.e. carrying shopping bags, changing curtain rails, moving tables, etc.)
- Reliability and Flexibility
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.