An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Housing Justice Cymru, the Welsh arm of Housing Justice. This post will join our team in Wales to support a church and community led response to homelessness and rough sleeping in Wrexham.
You will work with and support the existing church and community winter Night Shelter in the city. You will also help develop and expand our work in supporting former Night Shelter Guests through our Citadel project. You will work closely with the local authority and a range of partners to deliver the Night Shelter.
If you are highly motivated with the ability to deliver practical projects, passionate about ending homelessness, and enjoy bringing together organisations and volunteers to make a difference, this role could be for you.
This is a six month fixed term contract.
The main duties of the role are:
- To work with churches, faith and community groups, and other organisations to support and launch an emergency winter Night Shelter, based on the Housing Justice model, for people sleeping rough in the local authority
- To assist in mapping current housing need and existing provision, and provide data that can be shared with partners
- To ensure effective monitoring and recording of Night Shelter and Mentoring data
- To work with the Director of Housing Justice Cymru to develop the Citadel (Mentoring & Befriending) project in Wrexham to support former Guests of the Night Shelter and prevent their return to homelessness.
- To lead on the recruitment of volunteers to support the Night Shelter
- To plan and deliver training to volunteers for the Night Shelter and Citadel projects.
- To provide advice and support to churches and other organisations on housing and homelessness
- To develop and maintain good working relationships and communication with voluntary and statutory housing and homelessness agencies
- To promote the work of Housing Justice by speaking at and attending events, particularly opportunities to engage with local churches.
- To raise the profile of Housing Justice Cymru and seek opportunities for us to have an impact.
Our mission is to mobilise Christian action on homelessness and housing need through love, justice, advocacy and nurture.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.