In response to growing demand for our employment services, HS4LC need an Enterprise Manager to help develop two new enterprises that will help individuals with learning disabilities and autism gain new skills and improve their employment prospects.
HS4LC is a charity with 25 years experience supporting vulnerable people with learning disabilities and autism. Our mission is to support our beneficiaries to overcome the barriers and inequalities they face, so they can lead happy and fulfilled lives.
Based in Harrogate, the enterprise manager will be responsible for setting up and running a new café and a chocolate making business. The successful candidate will liaise closely with our supported internship and supported employment teams to ensure our beneficiaries are fully engaged with both enterprises and are supported to take full advantage of training and development opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, suitably qualified and entrepreneurial individual to oversee the start-up and development of two new enterprises. This is a full-time, permanent role. Once up and running you will need to manage staff and volunteers within the enterprises as well as being responsible for sales, health and safety and all other regulatory compliance.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The success of these business enterprises is fundamentally dependent on the effectiveness of the management. The whole operation must present a friendly and welcoming environment in which clients, customers and volunteers alike feel comfortable and enjoy an exceptional experience. While receiving guidance from the Chief Executive Officer and other senior managers, the successful development of the Café and Chocolatier will depend to a large extent on the imagination, initiative and energy of the Enterprise Manager. A combination of flexibility, enthusiasm, innovation and sound organisational skills is therefore essential.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage the business enterprises and optimise profit, whilst remaining consistent with our vision, mission and values including a desire to maintain safe, ethical and ecologically sound practices. To collaborate with the supported internship and supported employment teams and provide opportunities for beneficiaries to gain appropriate work based knowledge and skills.
37.5 hours per week (negotiable). The Job Holder will be expected to work flexibly within the opening hours of the organisation, possibly including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
- To work in close liaison with senior management staff
- To develop and manage relationships with clients, customers, staff and suppliers
- To assist with staff recruitment and training and directly line manage enterprise and voluntary staff
- To manage all aspects of the daily running of the enterprises including some food preparation, restocking and delivery of goods, ensuring their smooth running and proper administration
- Provide reports on request and liaise with the CEO as necessary, including contributing to the preparation of appropriate records, reports and annual returns
- Regularly monitor review and revise sales and operational targets
- To contribute to the successful implementation of new enterprise developments
- To be responsible for specified administrative functions in connection with stock management, ordering and receiving product deliveries and overseeing staff rotas
- Deal with telephone/ email queries promptly and concisely, answering customer queries in a courteous and timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Safety regulations and Environmental Health requirements
- The Management Committee reserves the right to change or update the Job Description from time to time in agreement with the Post Holder.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven management and organisational skills – with thoroughness and attention to detail
- Experience of managing business enterprises in a charity and/or commercial setting
- Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative without supervision
- Knowledge and experience within a catering environment
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate is required (Assistance in achieving this will be made available)
- Proven interpersonal skills – able to develop good work relationships, enjoy meeting and working with people at all levels and from diverse walks of life
- Computer literate with word processing, database, spreadsheet and Internet research
- A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control
- Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion and able to work additional hours when necessary
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- A pleasant personality with a sense of humour and the ability to establish a rapport with a wide cross section of society
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.