Main purpose of job:
To assist the Welfare Team in supporting and advising the Society’s beneficiaries throughout the UK. This involves checking applications and entering the details into the beneficiary database, fielding calls from beneficiaries, liaising with partner organisations and preparing the necessary paperwork for the Welfare Team and Case Committee.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- To be the first point of contact for beneficiaries seeking support for mental health support via Anxiety UK.
- To be the main contact for beneficiary related communication with our partner organisation Anxiety UK.
- Processing correspondence and filing using the document management system
- Assisting with accurate and prompt payments to beneficiaries and partners, liaising with the welfare team and the Finance Officer
- Maintaining the database of beneficiary records to ensure all details are up to date and accurate including decisions made by staff and committee
- Producing routine reports and statistics
- Assisting Welfare Officers with the purchase of one off gifts for beneficiaries once budget has been agreed.
- Handling all administration for Case Committee meetings; preparing papers and inputting decision on to database.
- Processing annual loan statements to beneficiaries and their responses
- Recording equalities data for beneficiaries.
- Sourcing case studies for marketing purposes
- Working with the fundraising team to ensure that welfare information is accurate and up to date on a range of publicity materials, including the Society’s website
Knowledge and experience required
- Experience of dealing with those in need (for reasons of health, financial etc.) and who are in distress.
- Experience of grant-making or similar (CRM) databases
- Knowledge and experience of liaising with other support agencies.
- Accuracy in maintenance of all records and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse range of people, including people in distress
- Planning and organising - prioritising and allocating time and resources effectively.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.