- Grade: CP 1
- Salary: £35,300 plus benefits
- Location: London/Flexible (please see below)
- Closing: 10:00pm, 15th Nov 2021 GMT
We are looking for a purpose-driven account manager to join the team at Hubbub. We're seeking someone to manage the relationship with a major corporate partner, and to lead on the delivery of new campaigns with a focus on the hospitality and food retail sectors. Candidates must have an ability to deliver complex multi-stakeholder campaigns, be able to build great relationships, be persuasive communicators and be committed to deliver practical change at scale.
This is a hands-on role, and alongside your peers (we call them ‘Creative Partners’ at Hubbub) you’ll guide multiple projects, ensuring we maximise our environmental and social impact while delivering work to the highest standards on time and on budget. We're looking for candidates who thrive on challenges, have an active interest in current affairs and who can work confidently under their own initiative.
Hubbub has grown from a team of three in 2014 to a 50-strong organisation today. We work with some of the UK’s top charitable funders, as well as some of its best-known companies, from Tesco to BT. Our positive, innovative, impactful work saw us named ‘Charity of the Year’ at the Charity Times Awards in 2020. It reflected the difference we have made with campaigns ranging from the Community Fridge Network, which distributes millions of meals’ worth of surplus food each year, to a £1m grant fund for innovative projects tackling plastic pollution. This new role will play a big part in our continued impact and success.
Specific duties for the role will include:
• Managing the day-to-day relationship with a major corporate partner.
• Managing the development and delivery of high-profile waste and circular economy projects, with support from a project team including a Director, a project coordinator and designer.
• Understanding and navigating different stakeholder needs, identifying and mitigating against potential risks.
• Responsibility for setting and achieving key outcomes as well as delivering fantastic projects on time and within budget.
• Developing new project ideas informed by the latest thinking, trends, and innovation.
• Continually challenging yourself and the Hubbub team to think bigger and bolder, and to keep testing new approaches, ideas, ways of working.
• You can comfortably manage the day-to-day relationship with a major corporate client, helping to devise and deliver complex projects.
• You’re brilliant with people: building relationships, communicating new ideas and getting people on board is second nature to you.
• You will have experience of waste & resources, or the food & beverage packaging sector, or practical implementation of circular economy principles.
• You have experience of managing corporate clients (desirable).
• Alignment with Hubbub's values is essential (see below).
Hubbub’s success and distinctiveness rests on the quality of our people. No matter where they are in their career, our employees are and should continue to be:
• Intellectually and politically curious and engaged.
• Proud of the work they do.
• Upbeat, motivated by difficult challenges, and tenacious in solving them.
• Creative, innovative and playful.
• Team players, sharing success and solving issues and challenges collaboratively.
• Organised, dedicated and conscientious, with fantastic attention to detail.
• Flexible, willing and able to respond to constant change and challenge.
• Committed to communicating in a way that is compelling, clear, accurate and accessible.
ABOUT HUBBUB AND OUR CULTURE
Our vision is to create a world where everyone is an environmentalist, whether they realise it or not. We inspire ways of living that are good for the environment, by designing campaigns that make environmental action desirable. We disrupt the status quo to raise awareness, nudge behaviours and shape systems. We do this with knowledge and playfulness… and we won’t make you feel bad.
Give a damn about the environment: it’s authentically at the heart of everything we do because we’re committed to taking action on climate change and the environment. We care about the difference we make and are honest about our impact.
Curious: have an interest in people, places, trends, politics and the world we live in. Asks questions, seeks knowledge and has self direction to discover the answers. We have an eye for detail.
Entrepreneurial: nimble and brave enough to take risks. Trusting instincts to experiment without fear. Acts like a leader and embraces context and freedom over control and process. Proud of independent spirit. Takes initiative and responsibility.
Creative: re-imagining everything. Thinking outside the box. Trusting intuition and bringing magic to the everyday. Continually challenging our own status quo.
Playful: positive and playful to catch the imagination and make people smile, because the world is serious enough.
HOW WE WORK
We do things the Hubbub way:
• Research: We see environmental issues that need Hubbub’s action. We build ideas based on evidence and intuition. We gather insights and knowledge to understand the people and places we want to inspire.
• Collaborate: we believe the cause is bigger than the organisation. We build collaborations of organisations, big and small, who share our ambition.
• Design: We design campaigns that make environmental action desirable. We use behaviour change techniques, positive language and highlight the benefits. We use good design, seasonal hooks and a splash of playfulness.
• Experiment: we constantly experiment, measure and adapt what we do, to find out what has the biggest impact.
• Scale: We share what we discover, the good and the bad. When it works, we open source our ideas and build transformative opportunities that enable people to replicate and scale to have a bigger impact.
• 25 days per year holiday allowance, plus bank holidays and extended Christmas break
• Ongoing professional development through our training partner, You Can Now
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Yoga and HIIT classes, and more
• Office at Somerset House with resident discounts and perks
• Flexible working (our ongoing policy is still TBD but will entail a mix of WFH and time in the office. You do not need to be based in London to apply, but you will need to be able to come to London, and elsewhere in the UK, fairly regularly)
Read about Hubbub's culture, values and ways of working in the full job description on our website.