Our Events and Outreach Manager is geared up for someone that likes being creative, enjoys life in the fast lane, loves having fun but also has an eye on the detail. We have a hyper-diverse community at the University which makes this role even more challenging to create an events and outreach program that is attractive to students.
The postholders role largely covers the delivery of two key areas of work:
Events Programme – The events program is wide ranging and requires candidates who are willing to work flexible hours to deliver events around the clock including:
- High-profile events such as Bonfire Night firework displays, bar crawls and welcome fairs that attract can over 2000-3000 attendees.
- On campus events such as tea parties, laser tag arenas and roller discos.
- The production and delivery of live music, comedy and dance-based entertainment.
- European and UK based trips to major cities and tourist attractions.
- Give-it-a-go activities where students can pitch up and try something new.
Outreach Programme – The outreach program is designed to connect with students where they study and live. This includes:
- Delivering a program of welcome activities in student accommodation blocks to help students settle in, make friends and get involved in other activities.
- To engage and listen to students across campus using interactive methods of gathering feedback.
- To create a two-way connection with international students, listening to their feedback and support them in creating events, activities and opportunities.
- To ensure the Students’ Union’s recruitment offer at Open Days is engaging, fun and interactive.
In addition to your annual salary, you will also recieve:
- Training, including access to professional qualifications
- 25 days holiday per year
- A week off at Christmas
- A day off for your birthday
- Matched pension contributions of up to 6%
- A free TOTUM card
- Mindful Employer, a 24/7 phone line for help and support
- Flexible working options
- Peer Recognition Scheme
- 3 paid staff volunteering days per year
A full recruitment pack including job description and person specification can be found on our website: huddersfield.su/jobs/su-staff
To apply, send us your CV and a one page cover letter telling us how you meet the job criteria.
**Please note applications without a cover letter will not be considered**