Birmingham Event Support Volunteer (Voluntary, Part-Time)
Role Title: Event Support Volunteer
Team: Fundraising and/or Programmes Division
Commitment: We will keep your details on file for 2 years after your last contact with us, and invite you to events throughout the year
Expenses: This is an unpaid position but we do reimburse reasonable out-of-pocket expenses such as travel and lunch in line with Human Appeal’s expenses policy.
Why does this role matter to Human Appeal?
Volunteers are an integral part of Human Appeal’s success. They are the ones that create real change for those most in need. This is your chance to meet new people, gain new skills and experience and have fun whilst being part of a great cause.
Main tasks include:
- Supporting local fundraising events and collecting donations from the general public
- Approaching individuals, groups and organisations for sponsorship and donation
- Organising or participating in events to raise the charity’s profile
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and reliable
- Ability to work well in a team
- Imaginative and motivated
- Build and maintain good relationships with the public and/or team members
Benefits of volunteering with us:
- Experience of fundraising with an international charity
- Opportunity to develop new skills
- Excellent support as part of a friendly team
- Excellent training opportunities
- Offer to provide references after 3 months of volunteering
- Meet new people and make a difference
- Opportunities to take part in Human Appeal events
Learning & Development:
- To enable you to take part in this opportunity Human Appeal will provide:
- A detailed induction to provide you with an overview of Human Appeal
- Training and shadowing providing all the information and skills needed to fulfil the role
- A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
- Payment of “out of pocket” expenses in line with Human Appeal’s expenses policy
- A volunteer handbook that outlines all of the policies and procedures you will need to be aware of whilst volunteering
What is the next step?
Please complete the application form via our website. Once received we will confirm receipt and let you know whether you have been shortlisted.