Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Challenges Coordinator to join our integral Fundraising department. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £20-27k per annum.
Frequent travel will be required nationally and potentially internationally so you can be based anywhere across the UK. We have offices in Birmingham, London, Leicester, Glasgow, and our head office in Manchester.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Challenges Coordinator:
- To strategically lead on the development, management, and delivery of a range of regional, national and international Challenge Events by working closely with National Events and Challenges Manager, ensuring that all available opportunities for raising funds for HA are successfully exploited and maintained at agreed levels of return on investment.
- To work closely with the Volunteers Coordinator to recruit, develop and grow the volunteering database, to recruit Volunteers for Challenges and Fundraising events
- To lead the development of new innovative Charity Challenge events, as well as a broad spectrum and variety of challenges for all target audiences.
- To build awareness of HA projects and donor relationships, increase income generation and donations year on year to secure the long-term financial sustainability and growth of HA in line with national FR strategy.
- To contribute towards and implement the annual fundraising strategy for regional and national challenge activities.
- To contribute to and expand the current challenges programme to meet and exceed agreed targets, by achieving donation income growth and donor growth (Year-Over-Year).
- To successfully develop a strong FR portfolio to lead and support in-house FR teams during Challenges.
- To ensure local and national FR challenges are well supported, run effectively, regularly, whilst delivering Quality Assurance in line with Health & Safety, customer satisfaction, complaints management, and Fundraising Regulators code of conduct.
Benefits of joining us as our Challenges Coordinator:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Challenges Coordinator:
- Ideally degree-educated, or Voluntary Service Oversees (VSO) beneficial
- Minimum of 2 years in similar post, proven track record of project and events management.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office, Social Media, Donor Management systems
- English essential. Knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic/Urdu/Bengali/Gujarati/Hindi/Punjabi an advantage.
This would be the ideal role for a Challenges Coordinator looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Challenges Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working within the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!