Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Development to be based at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract (with a view to progressing onto permanent contract) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £40-45k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
This is a new and exciting position at Human Appeal, where the successful candidate will be responsible for setting the Business Development strategy and developing a Business Development team to maximise and ensure year on year growth. The Head of Business Development will essentially act as a bridge between the Programmes and Fundraising departments by creating and developing new initiatives, projects and fundraising products to secure new institutional, corporate and major donor fundraising partnerships.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of Business Development:
- To work with the CEO and Board of Directors to identify and implement a strategy for key income streams for Human Appeal including but not limited to; Institutional donors, Corporate partners, High net worth donors
- To work with staff from across the organisation to research, identify and create exciting funding opportunities from the wide range of existing, and future, projects and programmes
- To play an active role in the strategic development of Human Appeal as a member of the Senior Management Team
- To meet annual targets, ensuring year on year income growth, and effectively manage the Business Development budget
Benefits of joining us as our Head of Business Development:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Head of Business Development:
- Degree-educated in a relevant field, e.g. International Development, Business Development, Marketing
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role (Business Development / Fundraising / Programmes / Communications) at an NGO
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Manager, with demonstrable leadership skills
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional languages e.g. Arabic, Urdu desirable
- Highly creative, organised and results-focussed, with an ability to multitask, manage a busy workload and deliver against objectives
- Passionate about international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced Business Development Professional looking to make a difference in the Charity Sector, or for a Senior Charity Programmes or Fundraising Professional looking to further their career!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Head of Business Development – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr. Mohamed Ashmawey
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!