Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Institutional Funding. This role is flexible and can be based anywhere in the UK but will report directly to the CEO at our Head Office in Greater Manchester. You will join our charity on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract (with a view to progressing to permanent contract) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £50-60k per annum, plus benefits!
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Our Head of Institutional Funding will lead our Institutional Funding division at Human Appeal, which currently consists of 2 team members at Officer and Assistant level. This role will support the organisation’s growth through proactive management of institutional funding and strategic partnerships across Human Appeal’s key countries of work in Africa, Asia and the Middle East, ultimately maximising the charity’s funding opportunities.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of Institutional Funding:
- Develop an Institutional Funding strategy for Human Appeal, ensuring priorities are in-line with the charity’s global strategy
- Maintain existing and identify and achieve new Institutional Funding opportunities to reach and exceed income generation targets
- Ensure donor-mapping is updated, utilizing HA systems (e.g. Salesforce) to record prospect recommendations and approaches
- Lead the process of developing high quality concept notes, proposals, budgets and support documents (including logical frameworks, theory of change diagrams etc.) for submission to institutional donors, trusts and foundations, ensuring that applications are innovative and professionally presented
- Write and oversee the preparation of Donor Feedback Reports to effectively communicate the results of projects to institutional donors
- Ensure frameworks and legal contracts describing and defining funding relationships and partnerships comply with HMRC, charity law and fundraising best practice
-Provide effective performance management to the Institutional Funding department in the UK, and provide training and support to Field Office staff to build each office’s capacity to write proposals and acquire funds from donors
- Play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the charity alongside the experienced Senior Management Team
Benefits of joining us as our Head of Institutional Funding include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Head of Institutional Funding:
- Degree-educated in a relevant field, ideally to post-graduate level in International Development or Humanitarian Studies
- At least 8 years’ experience working in a similar role within the INGO sector
- At least 6 years’ management experience with proven success
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential and additional languages, e.g. Arabic, Urdu are desirable
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the key thematic areas of Human Appeal’s programmes, such as emergency relief, food security and child welfare
- Right to work in the UK
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced Head of Institutional Funding or Institutional Funding Manager looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Head of Institutional Funding – we would love to hear from you.
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester