Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for an International HR Coordinator to be based at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract (with a view to progressing to permanent contract) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £24-27k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Human Appeal has 7 International Field Offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Turkey, Yemen). We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and knowledgeable International HR Coordinator to join Human Appeal’s International HR department and provide operational and transformational support to the HR functions at Human Appeal’s Field Offices. The successful candidate should have a strong basis in generalist HR knowledge, relish a challenge and enjoy finding new and creative solutions to improving processes.
Key duties and responsibilities of our International HR Coordinator:
- Recruitment: writing Job Profiles, posting adverts, headhunting and shortlisting candidates and conducting competency-based interviews
- Training: producing training materials and delivering training sessions to Field Office HR staff to ensure they are following HR policies and best practices set by Head Office
- Operational: providing a responsive support service, answering queries from Field Office HR staff in a timely manner to ensure issues can be resolved smoothly, supporting ER cases and day to day HR escalations.
- Transformational: assisting the I.T. department in ensuring the proper implementation of new systems and processes at Field Office level, such as SharePoint, Salesforce and People HR systems
- Reporting: collecting and collating monthly HR reports from the Field Offices so that key metrics such as sickness absence or employee turnover can be properly tracked and recommending resulting actions as necessary
- Researching: ensuring that HA’s knowledge of employment legislation is up to date in each Field Office country and updating and HR policies and procedures as necessary
- Supervision: supporting the International HR Business Partner in providing day-to-day supervision of the International HR Assistant and HR Interns to ensure they are properly trained and resourced to carry out their tasks
- Project Management: Partaking in ad-hoc projects covering all areas of HR such as Performance Management, Learning and Development, Employee Relations etc.
Benefits of joining us as our International HR Coordinator:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our International HR Coordinator:
- Ideally degree-educated in Human Resources or CIPD Level 3 qualified
- Proven track record of at least 3 years’ working in an HR role, ideally in an international capacity
- Excellent, fluent communication skills in English are essential and additional languages e.g. Arabic and Urdu are desirable.
- Willingness and ability to undertake travel internationally to sometimes difficult environments
- Able to prioritise and thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Passionate about saving lives, international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced HR Officer or Coordinator with an interest in International Aid and a passion for travel who is looking to further their career and really make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our International HR Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!