Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to join our team based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester (although the role will initially be home-based during Covid-19 restrictions). You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25-30k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
As Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, the successful candidate will play an integral role in M&E system design and implementation, and M&E budgeting, as well as supporting proposal writing and providing M&E technical support to Human Appeal’s Field Offices and implementing partners. All with a view to accurately and effectively measure project impact to feed back to donors and retain their support, as well as reporting this information to the wider Programmes department so that improvements can be made in Human Appeal’s program management processes to optimize their beneficiary reach. We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Benefits of joining us as our Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator include:
- 35 days Annual Leave
- Matched pension contribution
- Employee discounts and memberships
- Prayer facilities
- Opportunity to really make a difference!
Key duties and responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator:
- Design and develop Human Appeal’s M&E framework, policies, forms and data management systems to create a consistent and effective M&E process at Human Appeal
- Lead on all aspects of M&E in the Programmes department and oversee all M&E processes at Field Office and Local Partner level
- Contribute M&E technical expertise to institutional funding exercises in order to increase donor support and institutional income year-on-year
- Provide M&E feedback to donors in the form of reports, and to the Programmes department in the form of recommendations, to improve Human Appeal’s project management processes and retain donor support
What we’re looking for in our Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator:
- Graduate in a related field, e.g. International Development or Economics, ideally with a Master’s level qualification
- Accredited / certified in Monitoring and Evaluation with a Core Humanitarian Standard certification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role at an INGO, conducting monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded initiatives
- Strong technical knowledge of M&E theory, MEAL systems and processes
- Proven experience in reviewing, monitoring and evaluating programmes, and using quantitative and qualitative methods and approaches
- Solid project management experience with the ability to manage multiple project strands simultaneously
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Experience of using participatory approaches in development projects
- Demonstrable experience of producing Programme Impact reports
- Fluent English is essential. Additional languages, e.g. Arabic, Urdu are desirable
- Passionate and knowledge about the international development sector
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
We have a high staff satisfaction rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Glassdoor! Here’s why:
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working within the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UKWe have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!