Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a North and Midlands Fundraising Manager to join our team. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35-40k per annum.
NB: This role can be based anywhere in the Midlands or North UK, but once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, there will be an expectation for the North and Midlands Fundraising Manager to attend regular meetings at our Head Office in Manchester. We also have offices in London and Birmingham.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
As North and Midlands Fundraising Manager, the successful candidate will play an integral role in overseeing all community fundraising activity in the Midlands, North of England, Wales and Scotland, including line-management responsibilities for Fundraising Coordinator and Officer-level roles in those regions. This involves designing and delivering a community fundraising strategy in the North and Midlands, with a view to increasing the number of volunteers and supporters and ultimately maximising donations year-on-year. We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Benefits of joining us as our North and Midlands Fundraising Manager include:
- 35 days Annual Leave
- Matched pension contribution
- Employee discounts and memberships
- Prayer facilities
- Opportunity to really make a difference!
Key duties and responsibilities of the North and Midlands Fundraising Manager:
- Develop a regional community fundraising strategy, incorporating plans for the Midlands, North of England, Wales and Scotland
- Provide effective line management, coaching and support to a remote team of fundraisers across the North and Midlands, and monitoring their progress towards targets
- Manage a budget for the Midlands, North of England, Scotland and Wales, ensuring a 1:7 return on spend on all fundraising activityOversee the management of various engaging fundraising events such as dinners, concerts, speaker tours and conferences to capture and maintain the public eye throughout the year and raise income with a return on investment
- Work closely with the Volunteers Management team to manage and nurture a network of national volunteers in line with the volunteer recruitment strategy
- Prepare management reports for the Directors, CEO and Trustees identifying and validating key performance indicators
- Achieve a year-on-year increase in the number of volunteers, supporters, and donations received in the North and Midlands regions
What we’re looking for in our North and Midlands Fundraising Manager:
- Ideally degree-educated in a related field, or qualified by experience
- Experience managing 3+ UK fundraising regions (i.e. London, Midlands, North England, Scotland)
- Experience reaching a minimum £1 million income target
- Experience managing a budget of £200k+
- Experience of managing a high-performing team of 10 or more people
- Passionate and knowledge about the international development sector
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office, Social Media and Donor Management systems
- Fluent English is essential and knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi would be an advantage
This would be an ideal role for an experienced North and Midlands Fundraising Manager looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our North and Midlands Fundraising Manager – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
We have a high staff satisfaction rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Glassdoor! Here’s why:
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working within the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!