Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Philanthropy and Partnerships Coordinator to join our team based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester (although the role will initially be home-based during Covid-19 restrictions). You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25-30k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in supporting the Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager to execute Human Appeal’s Philanthropy and Partnerships strategy, through identifying and cultivating a network of High Net Worth Individuals and exploring new innovative fundraising opportunities, with a view to promoting Human Appeal programmes and generating income to support them. We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Benefits of joining us as our Philanthropy and Partnerships Coordinator include:
- 35 days Annual Leave
- Matched pension contribution
- Employee discounts and memberships
- Prayer facilities
- Opportunity to really make a difference!
Key duties and responsibilities of the Philanthropy and Partnerships Coordinator:
- Networking; identifying new Major Donors and High Net Worth Investors
- Account management; cultivating current partnerships with Major Donors and High Net Worth Investors
- Events management; driving High Net Worth Fundraising activities in the Midlands region, such as gala dinners
- Creativity; exploring new and innovative fundraising opportunities
- Fundraising; achieving agreed income generation targets
- Feedback; this will include creating reports and taking key stakeholders and Major Donors to visit Human Appeal projects in the field to demonstrate the impact of their donations
What we’re looking for in our Philanthropy and Partnerships Coordinator:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or qualified by experience
- At least 2 years of experience working in a relevant Fundraising, Sales or Networking role
- At least 2 years of demonstrable experience achieving income generation targets
- Demonstrable experience of building a network of working relationships with High Net Worth individuals
- Demonstrable experience running events for a network of High Net Worth individuals
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office Suite and Donor Management systems, e.g. Salesforce
- Fluent English is essential. Additional languages e.g. Arabic, Urdu are desirable
- Passionate and knowledge about the international development sector
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Philanthropy and Partnerships Coordinator looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Philanthropy and Partnerships Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
We have a high staff satisfaction rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Glassdoor! Here’s why:
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working within the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UKWe have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!