Role Title: Philanthropy and Partnerships Intern
Commitment: 3 days per week with a minimum of 6 months’ commitment but this is flexible
Location: Manchester (Homebased at first)
Head Office: Human Appeal Head Office, Human Appeal, Carrs Road, Cheadle, SK8 2BL (free parking available)
Expenses: This is an unpaid position but we do reimburse reasonable out-of-pocket expenses such as travel and lunch in line with Human Appeal’s expenses policy
Why does this role matter to Human Appeal?
Volunteers are an integral part of Human Appeal’s success. They are the ones that create real change for those most in need. This is your chance to meet new people, gain new skills and experience and have fun whilst being part of a great cause.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, fast learning philanthropy and partnerships intern to join our growing team at Human Appeal; helping us to increase department income to support our international and UK projects, to generate new leads for partnerships, high net worth donors and social media influencers/bloggers to fundraise in partnership with us, contact schools and organisations, connect with social media influencers/bloggers and high net worth donors, set up online fundraising pages, maintain ongoing contact and communication with social media connections, partners and donors, track and record income generated for reporting purpose.
Main tasks include:
- Generating new leads to partner with the team, including social media influencers/bloggers, schools, partners and high net worth donors
- Administrative and ad-hoc support to the wider Philanthropy and Partnerships team, with a focus on increasing income generated for the team and securing partnerships
- Assist with administrational tasks relating to fundraising
- Contribute to periodic reports
- A basic understanding of online fundraising
- Be social media savvy with a good understanding of the different platforms to engage and recruit influencers/bloggers
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise your workload
Benefits of volunteering with us:
- Experience of operating within the Fundraising division of an international charity
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in partnership fundraising
- Excellent support as part of a friendly team
- Excellent training opportunities
- Offer to provide references after 3 months of volunteering
- Support in developing your CV (should you want it)
- Opportunities to take part in Human Appeal events
Learning & Development:
To enable you to take part in this opportunity Human Appeal will provide:
- A detailed induction to provide you with an overview of Human Appeal
- Training and shadowing providing all the information and skills needed to fulfil the role
- A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
- Payment of “out of pocket” expenses in line with Human Appeal’s expenses policy
- A volunteer handbook that outlines all of the policies and procedures you will need to be aware of whilst volunteering
What is the next step?
Please send your CV to be considered for this role. Once received we will confirm receipt and let you know whether you have been shortlisted for an interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.