Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Programmes Coordinator to be based at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 – 27,500 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Programmes Coordinator:
- Provide Programmes team with a clear analysis of trends and issues within the humanitarian operating environment through regular updates and daily reporting to ensure up to date information on current context
- Provide necessary humanitarian information updates to related departments through sending update situation reports and systems to ensure all information is readily available on the system for Communications and Fundraising departments
- Support Human Appeal’s humanitarian mission in the allocated countries through daily communication, regular meetings and monitoring to implement Human Appeal contingency plans in the field
- Ensure financial transfers are made on time for the field programmes to run smoothly and coordinate with Finance department to check the balances
- Consistently and proactively monitor and assess the humanitarian context in the field through promptly reporting disaster risks and challenges and liaising with other external parties as required and appropriate to maintain and enhance the security environment for Human Appeal programmes operating in humanitarian settings
- Recommend training and capacity building plans for Field Office staff to develop their capabilities and enhance their knowledge to ensure high quality in programme delivery
Benefits of joining us as our Programmes Coordinator:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Programmes Coordinator:
- Degree-educated in a relevant discipline such as International Development or Social Sciences
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role at an INGO
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Additional languages such as Arabic / Urdu are desirable
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and overseas for work
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Knowledgeable and passionate about international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced Charity Programmes Officer looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Programmes Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr. Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“I appreciate the support from the senior leadership team. The CEO is a hands-on leader who supports his workforce with passion and energy. He promotes his employees’ successes and motivates his teams to work harder”
Humeira, Donor Care Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working witin the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!