Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Programmes Officer to join our Programmes team based at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of a 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £18-21k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Programmes Officer:
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on Seasonal campaigns project work including Qurbani, Winter and Ramadan, as well as developing and supporting Special Requests Programmes in regions across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. The role will include:
- Managing the Special Requests system for UK and regional offices (Ireland, France and Spain) from project initiation to final reporting to donors through continuous monitoring to ensure an effectiveness, adherence to objectives and budget and timely submission of feedback.
- Supporting, motivating and liaising with Human Appeal offices, field staff and implementing partners, specifically in terms of Special Requests through instructing and implementing staff in regions including Middle East, Asia and Africa to ensure timely project initiation.
- Tracking, monitoring and maintaining the process of special requests through mentioning end to end project success within fixed timescales, to ensure each project is in lieu with the overall strategy of the organisation and contributes to Human Appeal’s portfolio.
- Handling complaints and enquiries related to Special Requests through working closely with the field and appropriate staff members including Donor Care, Fundraising and regional office staff
- Acting as a central point of contact for all Special Request projects and Campaigns including Ramadan, Qurbani and Winter Campaigns through providing project insight and field-based information updates to HQ departments, regional offices, and donors.
- Producing high quality Project Completion Reports for all Campaigns, tailored to HA UK and regional offices.
- Creating Projects for Funding Documents for Campaigns and Special Requests Projects.
Benefits of joining us as our Programmes Officer include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Programmes Officer:
- Graduate in social science/business/international development or any related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in working in INGOs
- Computer literature with excellent organisation and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This would be the ideal role for an international development Graduate or Experienced Charity looking to further their career and make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Programmes Officer – we would love to hear from you.