Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Volunteers Officer based in London. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £16-21k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
The Regional Volunteers Officer is responsible for addressing the needs of Human Appeal’s volunteers in the region as well as exploring new innovative volunteer opportunities for the charity in order to maximise income and awareness.
NB: Our Regional Volunteers Officer will need to have a flexible attitude in support of the role. This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week, but these hours will vary between a standard 9-5, or may be worked over evenings and weekends. This is because our Regional Volunteers Officer will be responsible for managing all aspects of volunteering at Human Appeal’s public events.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Regional Volunteers Officer:
- To support the Volunteering Team in being compliant with policies and regulations outlined by Human Appeal, the National Council for Volunteering Organisations, the Charity Commission and Fundraising Regulator e.g. safeguarding volunteers’ information, obtaining emergency contact details of volunteers, chasing referees
- Recruiting volunteers and delivering regular Volunteer Inductions and Training
- Responding to and communicating with volunteers, including updating the official Human Appeal Volunteers Facebook Page and responding to emails from the Volunteer Inbox in a timely manner
- Supporting the Volunteering Team with the expansion of HA's volunteer base by attending University, Careers and Volunteering fairs in the region, as well as contacting registered volunteers to improve the conversion rate from registered to active, and retaining the current volunteer base
Managing Volunteer Team Leaders in the region and collaborating with the Fundraising department to maximize resources and engagement
Supporting the Volunteering and Fundraising Team with Human Appeal projects and campaigns, including managing all aspects of volunteering at events
Benefits of joining us as our Regional Volunteers Officer:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Regional Volunteers Officer:
- Graduate, ideally in a relevant subject
- Transferrable experience of at least 1 year working as a Senior Charity Volunteer or a Fundraiser, or in Events or Administration
- Flexible attitude and availability – this role will involve some evening and weekend work
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Passionate about international development work and humanitarian aid
Fluent English is essential and additional languages such as Arabic, Urdu or Bengali are desirable
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced Charity Volunteer looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Regional Volunteers Officer – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr. Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“I appreciate the support from the senior leadership team. The CEO is a hands-on leader who supports his workforce with passion and energy. He promotes his employees’ successes and motivates his teams to work harder”
Humeira, Donor Care Manager
“The reasons I have remained working witin the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!