Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a UK Programmes Manager to join our Programmes department on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract. This role is flexible, and could be based at either our London office in Marylebone or our Manchester office in Cheadle. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £30-35k per annum in Manchester, or £30-38k per annum in London (inclusive of London weighting).
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities of our UK Programmes Manager:
- Developing a UK Programmes strategy for Human Appeal
- Researching opportunities of funding from local trusts, foundations and institutional donors and developing concept notes and proposals to win bids
- Running UK-based projects and campaigns, which may encompass working fundraising, coordinating volunteers, raising awareness and working directly with UK beneficiaries
- Managing partner agencies for UK programmes, from ensuring partners are selected professionally considering HA values, to monitoring progress against objectives to ensure projects will be completed to deadline
- Taking financial control for UK projects, by monitoring budgets for each project and ensuring that financial targets are met
- Raising the profile of Human Appeal in the UK charity sector through networking and attending key events
- Working in collaboration with a wide range of UK and global organisations and think tanks to undertake research, write papers and partake in discussions to ensure that Human Appeal is established as a thought-leader in the area of UK programmes
- Writing reports to evaluate UK programmes for a variety of audiences including HA donors and HA Board of Trustees
Benefits of joining us as our UK Programmes Manager include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our UK Programmes Manager:
- Graduate, ideally in a relevant field such as Social Sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role within the not-for-profit sector
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrable experience of building networks
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the key thematic areas of Human Appeal’s UK programmes work, such as tackling homelessness
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced UK Charity Programmes Professional looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our UK Programmes Manager – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr. Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“I appreciate the support from the senior leadership team. The CEO is a hands-on leader who supports his workforce with passion and energy. He promotes his employees’ successes and motivates his teams to work harder”
Humeira, Donor Care Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working witin the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!