Head of Finance and Operations
Head of Finance and Operations | c. £75,000 + benefits
Central London | Hybrid | Permanent or 12-month FTC | Full-time (or 0.8 FTE)
The Human Dignity Trust (HDT) is a London-based legal charity that provides technical legal assistance to defend the human rights of LGBT people globally. HDT are embarking on an exciting growth phase, thanks to significant successes in the organisation’s work in strategic human rights litigation and legislative reform in countries that criminalise LGBT people.
The steady growth in the organisation has driven organisational change and the opportunity to hire a newly created Operations Team, the first of which is a Head of Finance and Operations.
With the opportunity to build and shape the team, the Head of Finance and Operations will report to the Chief Executive and work closely with the Board Treasurer. Whilst having accountability for all Operations functions, this role will be the lead Finance professional within HDT, the technical expert internally, and key contact externally for all financial, Operations and commercial relationships. Once appointed, this individual will lead the recruitment of an HR and Facilities Manager and Finance and Operations Administrator.
- Leadership and Management: Provide expert Finance support to the CEO, Treasurer and Board; contribute to the strategic development of HDT, including business planning / performance; recruit, manage and develop the Finance and Operations teams across IT, HR, and Facilities functions; manage and develop internal systems, internal budgeting, and financial planning processes.
- Finance: Lead on all financial reporting - representing HDT with auditors, banks and HMRC; ensure compliance with tax, corporate, charities and financial legislation; develop and lead the annual budgeting process, reforecasting, banking, payroll, pension, and payment systems.
- Develop / oversee the operational risk register, and ensure Finance and Operations are legally compliant / meet the needs of HDT and partners; develop procurement systems; ensure governance processes are robust and drive the streamlining of administration systems.
What you’ll offer us:
- Qualified accountant with a strong track-record of implementing and leading finance processes and systems in the charity sector
- Experience of overseeing Operations functions in a small organisation including IT, HR, Data Management and Facilities
- Experience of working with, and influencing at Board level
- Experience of how internal service standards can best drive performance
- A coaching management style and a collaborative approach to service delivery
- Alignment with HDT’s core purpose and the global LGBT human rights movement
What we’ll offer you:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, closure days over Christmas and a PRIDE day
- Hybrid and flexible working plus option for nomadic working
- Enhanced parental leave and pay, and sickness absence
- Discretionary top up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Desirable Central London office