Humane Society International/UK is a global animal protection organisation, striving for a better future for animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programmes. HSI/UK is a leading force for animal protection, with hundreds of thousands of supporters across the country. We are an effective voice for animals, with active programmes in wildlife protection, alternatives to animal experiments, and farmed animal welfare. A small but effective team, HSI/UK has big ambitions to create further positive change for animals both here in the UK and around the world.
About the position
This is an exciting opportunity to create change at scale, informing and promoting a practical transition to plant-based diets, in order to reduce the number of animals suffering in factory farms. Part of our Forward Food team, the role will work to increase the quality and availability of plant-based options with major caterers and universities in the UK, impacting hundreds of thousands of meals daily.
This role also includes an international component, working with the Global Plant-Based Solutions Manager to support team members around the world to develop and deliver HSI’s livestock reduction advocacy. This part of the role includes research and advocacy to advance policy dialogues for a just transition to alternative proteins, and working to inform and secure livestock reduction pathways as part of international climate negotiations and goals.
If you are results-oriented, persuasive, organised and, ideally, have knowledge of farming systems and a commitment to animal welfare, then we would like to hear from you.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Initiate and maintain relationships with universities/ food service companies to support and oversee their delivery of goals to reduce meat/animal products by at least 20%.
• Maintain and develop partnerships with like-minded or relevant organisations to achieve our strategic goals.
• Identify and support opportunities to encourage people to eat less meat/animal products, including working with media and celebrity ambassadors.
• Deliver compelling and informed advocacy to UK political stakeholders to encourage the adoption of policies that catalyse a just protein transition.
• Research and present to policy makers evidence of the opportunities and benefits of facilitating and supporting a just protein transition, and of the need to address animal-based agriculture in the context of climate goals.
• Support development and delivery of a strategy to meet HSI’s animal agriculture goals within key international climate dialogues.
• Research and compile data on industry-related trends and developments in alternative proteins and the plant-based food markets.
Our successful candidate will be a confident, articulate and positive with a proven track record of supporting the delivery of effective campaigns through research and advocacy. You’ll be a proactive self-starter, and someone who brings positive energy to work within teams. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and accuracy when conducting research, as well as experience and ability to produce compelling and effective advocacy materials. You’ll have experience of building strategic relationships with stakeholders, in both the private and public sector, in order to deliver agreed goals. You will have an ambition and drive for creating positive change for animal welfare, and a willingness to regularly evaluate our progress and impact with a view to further improving our strategies.
We are searching for a campaigns professional to make a difference and be part of a successful global team. If that’s you, please get in touch!
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter via the CharityJob website by 11.30PM on Wednesday, 20 July 2022. Interviews will be held via Zoom on 25 & 26 July 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.