Humane Society International is a global animal protection organisation, striving for a better future for animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programmes. We are an effective voice for animals, with active programmes in wildlife protection, trophy hunting and farm animal welfare. A small but effective team, HSI EU/UK has big ambitions to create further positive change for animals both here in the EU, UK and around the world.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced legacy professional to join our EU/UK team and drive forward our legacy giving programme in the UK and EU, increasing our income from gifts in will and developing our strategic plan for legacy giving at HSI EU/UK. This is a newly reacted post so a hands on strategic individual is key.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fundraising professional specialised in legacy giving to work as part of a global organisation. We are seeking a dynamic individual with more than 8 years’ experience in legacy giving and a track record of developing and delivering strategic plans in this area. You should have management experience in this field, which has included management and leadership responsibilities for staff, strategy development and execution, and fiscal and budget accountabilities.
Reporting directly to HSI’s Senior Fundraising Director UK/EU, this post will work closely with colleagues in the Planned Giving team in HSI’s Washington DC headquarters, in order to deliver a coherent global fundraising approach, optimising opportunities and maximising results for our animal protection programmes around the world.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
1. Cultivate, solicit and steward legacy supporters in HSI UK, EU and a small selection of other global target markets to provide a future prospect and confirmed gift pipeline continuum. Focus attention on highest potential supporters with affinity and inclination while responding to all inquiries in a timely manner.
2. In partnership with the Senior Director of Fundraising, develop and execute a cross channel planned giving marketing plan for UK, EU and other assigned markets, integrating HSUS and HSI interdepartmental resources to facilitate an integrated program with the overall fundraising team’s strategies within budget guidelines.
3. Provide periodic updates on achievements to designated Senior Management individuals at HSUS and HSI with data analytics to support future investment needs as part of the strategic plan.
4. Facilitate interdepartmental communication with the UK estate gift administration consultants and HSUS OGC and Finance teams.
5. Stay abreast of organizational achievements and victories to provide our supporters with the impact of our work and stewardship of their trust.
6. Stay abreast of relevant changes in tax law concerning charitable gifts in the UK, EU and individual countries in the EU.
7. Dotted line management of Canadian fundraiser for Legacy Giving.
Our successful candidate will be a confident, positive and proactive fundraising professional with a proven track record of achieving revenue growth in legacy giving. An excellent communicator with experience and understanding of the spectrum of individual giving channels, you’ll possess a good understanding of donor care, with the skills and experience necessary to acquire and cultivate meaningful relationships legators, and you’ll have demonstrable history of successfully building a legacy giving programme.
If you want to use your skills to make a difference and be part of a global team, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter via the CharityJob website by Sunday 7th March 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.