Humanitarian Grants Compliance Officer
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity, operating in close to 100 countries. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be voted one of the Top 100 'Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2015'.
Operating as a Grants Compliance Officer within our Humanitarian and Resilience team, you will take a lead role in all aspects of humanitarian grant contract management and compliance. This includes ensuring standards are understood and adhered to by colleagues within World Vision UK as well as those in National Offices (particularly in emergencies and fragile states).
Using your expertise in financial processes and reporting, grant applications, donor and complex contractual requirements, audits, financial and risk management will be a crucial deliverable for the Humanitarian Grants Compliance Officer.
It will be essential to build strategic and supportive relationships with key stakeholders to achieve the optimum standards of financial management and accountability.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage complex grants in multiple locations from a broad range of donors.
- Analytical skills along with the ability to communicate complex donor regulations to stakeholders will be vital.
- You will also be expected to promote a culture of excellence to ensure WVUK’s core values and principles are implemented in our grants
- Experience of working in a humanitarian context will be an advantage
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to emergencies and travel internationally to emergencies and fragile states is an essential part of the role
In addition to the salary offered, you’ll enjoy benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement and free parking.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your skills where they really matter. If you have the qualities required to succeed in this great position, please apply by following the instructions to view the Job Description, complete a short application form and upload your CV. State in your cover letter why you think you are able to meet the key criteria listed in the Job Description.
Closing date: 10th August
Interviews will be held on: week beginning 31st August 2015.
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
No agencies please