Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Head of Business Development and be responsible for leading all business development and associated strategic engagement on behalf of the Humanitarian Learning Academy.
The Humanitarian Leadership Academy is a team within Save the Children UK’s Humanitarian Department whose mission is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries.
As Head of Business Development you will lead on the implementation of the Academy’s Funding Strategy, overseeing all elements of resource income generation across the Network. You will oversee the account management of all donors, exploring innovative methods of fundraising and leading on the implementation of a go to market strategy. Additionally, you will lead a team of experienced high-performing individuals to support with the delivery of the Academy Funding Strategy, establishing a coordinating function to:
- Meet our ambitious targets
- Implement funding processes and systems to continuously improve efficiency
- Create a central bank of intelligence on all leads and potential prospects
- Ensure that all funding opportunities are shared and appropriately assessed by the relevant stakeholders before they are progressed
- Ensure that relationships are transitioned to the relevant team/individual for delivery once secured.
To be successful you will be highly output orientated with excellent leadership skills and a proven track record of setting, delivering and tracking strategic direction that supports financial decision making. Experienced at leading a fundraising and/or social enterprise function, you will have demonstrable success and expertise in managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders. As someone with excellent communication and networking skills, you will demonstrate a proven ability to produce high-quality, engaging communications. In addition, you will have:
- Previous experience producing high value fundraising proposals and securing significant donations (£500K +) from major donors, charitable trusts and foundations and/or corporates
- The ability to manage financial information relating to project budgets, query inaccuracies and present this information in an understandable and appropriate way.
- Experience of team management, motivating and developing others in a leadership position
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to review complex and potentially conflicting information sets, and make a clear recommendation.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 19th February 2020
Please note - initial phone interviews will be held on 20th/21st February and face to face interviews will take place on week commencing 24th February